The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Disney0702
Hello everyone!

You can find topic by topic questions here on Unit 4.

Hope you find them useful. :smile:

Thank you!
Do you happen to know if there are any for unit 5?

I'll add this to the first post if that's okay!
Reply 781
Original post by CD223
Yeah it went really well thanks :smile: had a good time.

Oh nice! That must have made it better surely?

Ah, I dont :/ but I'm working tomorrow and I've found out today its double pay so I don't mind too much any more haha!

I mean generally yes but poor guy was so nervous :P and my stepdad's father was in attendance and he's best described as loud and opinionated (said Ed wasn't a real man because he can cook which like 1. your son is a chef? and 2. Ed lives on his own, I personally am quite glad that he isn't surviving on pot noodles!). But once we got past that it was pretty good!

Did PHYA4 June 11 just now... Seemed like a really easy paper? Well, didn't feel much different as I was doing it necessarily but it only took just over an hour and I got 68 (including 22 on the multiple choice :redface: ). Finally getting somewhere close to finishing... the to do list that is supposed to be done by the end of today :tongue: ah well.

How's the coursework going? :smile:
Reply 782
Original post by Lau14
I mean generally yes but poor guy was so nervous :P and my stepdad's father was in attendance and he's best described as loud and opinionated (said Ed wasn't a real man because he can cook which like 1. your son is a chef? and 2. Ed lives on his own, I personally am quite glad that he isn't surviving on pot noodles!). But once we got past that it was pretty good!

Did PHYA4 June 11 just now... Seemed like a really easy paper? Well, didn't feel much different as I was doing it necessarily but it only took just over an hour and I got 68 (including 22 on the multiple choice :redface: ). Finally getting somewhere close to finishing... the to do list that is supposed to be done by the end of today :tongue: ah well.

How's the coursework going? :smile:

Seems rather an odd thing to say!

Well done that's great!
I finished the coursework today!:smile: so happy. Now I've got a mountain of homework THEN I can actually start revising!
Reply 783
Original post by CD223
Seems rather an odd thing to say!

Well done that's great!
I finished the coursework today!:smile: so happy. Now I've got a mountain of homework THEN I can actually start revising!

Yeah everyone was just like... ignore him...

Well done! I'm guessing homework is better than coursework though and it usually counts as revision :biggrin:
Reply 784
Original post by Lau14
Yeah everyone was just like... ignore him...

Well done! I'm guessing homework is better than coursework though and it usually counts as revision :biggrin:

Hahah too right!

Yeah true that! Got a 6 hour shift today though! But I deffo need to do some work beforehand!
Reply 785
Original post by CD223
Hahah too right!

Yeah true that! Got a 6 hour shift today though! But I deffo need to do some work beforehand!

Ouch have fun :/ I've only just got up... So work this afternoon! Going to get some FP2 done, and maybe the last of my Chemistry homework and Physics homework before I accidentally end up leaving them until the last day!
Hello everyone!

Here's another great revision site for Unit 4 Physics.

Further Mechanics

Fields

Capacitors

Electromagnetism

I uploaded the Unit 5 notes on the Unit 5 thread
Reply 787
Original post by Disney0702
Hello everyone!

Here's another great revision site for Unit 4 Physics.

Further Mechanics

Fields

Capacitors

Electromagnetism

I uploaded the Unit 5 notes on the Unit 5 thread

Thank you! I will add these to the first post.
Reply 788
Original post by Lau14
Ouch have fun :/ I've only just got up... So work this afternoon! Going to get some FP2 done, and maybe the last of my Chemistry homework and Physics homework before I accidentally end up leaving them until the last day!

Ah it's over now haha! Gonna have to blitz all my homework tomorrow and then finally start my revision for the holidays!
Reply 789
Original post by CD223
Ah it's over now haha! Gonna have to blitz all my homework tomorrow and then finally start my revision for the holidays!

It's starting to feel like the holidays are nearly over already even though it's only the start of the second week! Actually miraculously got a proper amount of FP2 done today though and the next topic looks nicer so I feel better about everything anyway. Now to have a look at the EMPA questions :/
Reply 790
Original post by Lau14
It's starting to feel like the holidays are nearly over already even though it's only the start of the second week! Actually miraculously got a proper amount of FP2 done today though and the next topic looks nicer so I feel better about everything anyway. Now to have a look at the EMPA questions :/

Ah don't say that! It's the start of my first week haha! Oh well done! I've not done anything today so I plan to change that tomorrow :smile:
Are you doing any section B EMPA prep?
Reply 791
Original post by CD223
Ah don't say that! It's the start of my first week haha! Oh well done! I've not done anything today so I plan to change that tomorrow :smile:
Are you doing any section B EMPA prep?

Yeah you've got ages left yet :tongue: I have tomorrow and Saturday as my last days with nothing other than college work scheduled, work weds/thurs/sun morning, seeing Ed Friday, so that makes it seem a lot shorter because I don't always get much done after work! (somedays I come home and I'm super productive but usually I just eat and don't move a lot :biggrin: )

We've been given the remaining questions from the one we started in class. Did a few and then gave up - I could do bits but you can never tell if you're going in the right direction with them, that's the problem. I ended up just getting annoyed because we're never taught how to answer them at all :/
Reply 792
Original post by Lau14
Yeah you've got ages left yet :tongue: I have tomorrow and Saturday as my last days with nothing other than college work scheduled, work weds/thurs/sun morning, seeing Ed Friday, so that makes it seem a lot shorter because I don't always get much done after work! (somedays I come home and I'm super productive but usually I just eat and don't move a lot :biggrin: )

We've been given the remaining questions from the one we started in class. Did a few and then gave up - I could do bits but you can never tell if you're going in the right direction with them, that's the problem. I ended up just getting annoyed because we're never taught how to answer them at all :/

I have the same issue after work!
Yeah the EMPA questions are horrid :/ gonna find it hard to revise for that in May.
Reply 793
Original post by CD223
I have the same issue after work!
Yeah the EMPA questions are horrid :/ gonna find it hard to revise for that in May.

Yeah I feel like unless classes turn out to be useful I'm just going to end up repeating last year (turn up and hope for the best mostly!)
Has anyone done the Empa unit 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 795
Original post by Lau14
Yeah I feel like unless classes turn out to be useful I'm just going to end up repeating last year (turn up and hope for the best mostly!)

Me too really - didn't go well last year though!
Reply 796
Original post by CD223
Me too really - didn't go well last year though!

I feel like I won't get away with it as well this year somehow! Need at least 30 UMS in the EMPA for it to be possible to get an A*, and that would be with full UMS in both papers. I suppose that's only half though, I can hopefully beat that!

Now for another day of FP2. Hopefully I can get at least the next topic done today (it looks pretty easy. Compared to the rest, anyway!).
Reply 797
Original post by Lau14
I feel like I won't get away with it as well this year somehow! Need at least 30 UMS in the EMPA for it to be possible to get an A*, and that would be with full UMS in both papers. I suppose that's only half though, I can hopefully beat that!

Now for another day of FP2. Hopefully I can get at least the next topic done today (it looks pretty easy. Compared to the rest, anyway!).

Yeah thats true! I'm hoping for ~ 110 UMS in each paper. thats being optimistic! I just desperately want an A.

Good luck! I'm doing all of my homework today then hopefully blasting through revision finally tomorrow!
Reply 798
Original post by CD223
Yeah thats true! I'm hoping for ~ 110 UMS in each paper. thats being optimistic! I just desperately want an A.

Good luck! I'm doing all of my homework today then hopefully blasting through revision finally tomorrow!

I feel like I can probably hit full UMS or somewhere very close on unit five hopefully but unit 4 could be anywhere in the 80%+ range! I don't need an A* which is kind of nice but I'd like it so there's that.

That topic only took an hour :biggrin: 5 down, 2 to go (although hyperbolic functions is huge). Going to do a chemistry paper now because then I can tick my hw off for that. Hopefully yours is going well! :smile:
Reply 799
Original post by Lau14
I feel like I can probably hit full UMS or somewhere very close on unit five hopefully but unit 4 could be anywhere in the 80%+ range! I don't need an A* which is kind of nice but I'd like it so there's that.

That topic only took an hour :biggrin: 5 down, 2 to go (although hyperbolic functions is huge). Going to do a chemistry paper now because then I can tick my hw off for that. Hopefully yours is going well! :smile:

Haha you sound more productive and determined than me! I've only started revising today which makes me nervous. Have I started too late for AAA? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending