The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clara16
This probably a really easy qu for most people but, can anyone explain why the purple graph here is correct and not the black graph for the sketch of the parametric curve: x = t^3 y = t^2 ?

Thanks ImageUploadedByStudent Room1428327427.314747.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing you got y=x^(2/3) for the Cartesian? Consider what happens to the gradient as x gets larger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
I'm guessing you got y=x^(2/3) for the Cartesian? Consider what happens to the gradient as x gets larger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I see of course. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just started my revision...and was wonderjng which years the c4 paper was harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Datta10
I've just started my revision...and was wonderjng which years the c4 paper was harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year's seemed hard
Yeah...thats the only one I found too ..I was wondering if there were any other years :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
Last year's seemed hard

i thought it was easy compared to the older papers. :redface:
Original post by Paras Agarwal
i thought it was easy compared to the older papers. :redface:

Haha I remember being traumatised by the year 13s that left that exam in tears at my school :lol:
Haha I remember being traumatised by the year 13s that left that exam in tears at my school :lol:

Lol weirdly my school is pretty bad, but the further maths class that took it last year around 7 of them got 100 in C3 and C4 2014. They were the best class my school ever had!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol weirdly my school is pretty bad, but the further maths class that took it last year around 7 of them got 100 in C3 and C4 2014. They were the best class my school ever had!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my god :O thats amazing haha did they all go off to do maths??
Oh my god :O thats amazing haha did they all go off to do maths??

Maths at imperial and cambridge and warwick,engineering at cambridge and a couple other engineers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
For the c4 2014 cone question (7b) what's the key to working this out? I'm trying to do it now and I don't know where to start haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lam12
For the c4 2014 cone question (7b) what's the key to working this out? I'm trying to do it now and I don't know where to start haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Divide it into a volume of revolution minus a cone, and then use parametric integration. It's a fairly faffy question, let me know if you need help

Posted from TSR Mobile
The cone question was brutal. I stopped working for about 2 minutes and was pondering life.
Original post by Krollo
Divide it into a volume of revolution minus a cone, and then use parametric integration. It's a fairly faffy question, let me know if you need help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ypu sitting c3/4 this year aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ypu sitting c3/4 this year aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, all the cores, S1, M1/2. Are you sitting FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Yeah, all the cores, S1, M1/2. Are you sitting FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Half yes. My school does AS FM AS maths in yr 12. So im doing C3-4 Fp2-3 M3-4 S2. 7 modules doing one extra just to secure the A* but it is good cause i only need 85 in two A2 further maths modules for an A* since i got 100 in M2.
I would aim to smash M2 if I was you then you can chill in A2 with Maths and Further maths(what I am doing lol still gotta learn M4!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Half yes. My school does AS FM AS maths in yr 12. So im doing C3-4 Fp2-3 M3-4 S2. 7 modules doing one extra just to secure the A* but it is good cause i only need 85 in two A2 further maths modules for an A* since i got 100 in M2.
I would aim to smash M2 if I was you then you can chill in A2 with Maths and Further maths(what I am doing lol still gotta learn M4!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we're talking about edexcel here, you do realise is doesn't matter what you got in your other units..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by frozo123
If we're talking about edexcel here, you do realise is doesn't matter what you got in your other units, you still need an average of 90 for an A* in C3 and C4 (+480 overall ums)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
If we're talking about edexcel here, you do realise is doesn't matter what you got in your other units..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why doesnt it? M2 is an A2 module and will go into A2 further maths. So it will count towards my A* since I got 100 in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am talking about the Further Maths A*. Not normal maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending