The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
x

Oh wales, ahhh I see...my bad xD
Yeah most expo is london, manchester and birmingham like biasing to main cities :L
Well I shall anticipate your next master piece cosplay then xD
london obviously the best one, i wanted to go there but it is during ma exams :s-smilie:
My Love Story!! is so cute, aah~ Even though I'd already read the manga volumes seeing the show was wonderful! Such perfectly crafted characters and interactions that fill my heart with happiness and excitement. I am eagerly anticipating more of the franchise!
Original post by Ki Yung Na

I dont know how to quote or reply on comment picture, yuuup that is RE:TK from the manga
Had to abandon my plan to watch Busou Chuugakusei: Basket Army, as apparently the 5th and final episode isn't subbed. :s-smilie:

I have watched the first episode of another short, Takamiya Nasuno Desu!, however. It's a spin-off of the amazing Teekyuu, and seems as though it'll be just as fast-paced and fun. :biggrin: I may leave the rest of the series until it's over though, and watch them back to back, as I usually do with Teekyuu.
Had to abandon my plan to watch Busou Chuugakusei: Basket Army, as apparently the 5th and final episode isn't subbed. :s-smilie:

I have watched the first episode of another short, Takamiya Nasuno Desu!, however. It's a spin-off of the amazing Teekyuu, and seems as though it'll be just as fast-paced and fun. :biggrin: I may leave the rest of the series until it's over though, and watch them back to back, as I usually do with Teekyuu.

Did you watch Ninja Slayer? What the actual **** was that:lol:, it's worth watching because of how bad it is.
Original post by Red Fox
Did you watch Ninja Slayer? What the actual **** was that:lol:, it's worth watching because of how bad it is.

I haven't, but now I'm intrigued! Hard to imagine how it could be any worse than Vampire Holmes though, :p:
I haven't, but now I'm intrigued! Hard to imagine how it could be any worse than Vampire Holmes though, :p:

I just watched the first 2 episodes of Vampire Holmes and it is absolutely awful. Is that actually being broadcast on Japanese TV or is it just a web thing?
I sort of liked Ninja Slayer - it is very clearly the same team as the wonderful Inferno Cop, but they've been given a slightly bigger budget so they don't have to do the voice acting themselves this time! First episode wasn't all that funny, but I'm willing to give it a few episodes to see where they are going - there is certainly a full commitment to the neon pseudo-80's cyberpunk OVA aesthetic anyway!
Ang Gundam fans here? I want to get into watching the series, but I'm not sure where to start and which viewing order is best. Which ones are worth watching and which ones aren't? I've been told SEED isn't that good but I'll probably end up watching it anyway for completion's sake.
Original post by Red Fox
I just watched the first 2 episodes of Vampire Holmes and it is absolutely awful. Is that actually being broadcast on Japanese TV or is it just a web thing?

Actually on TV, which is the scary part! :p:

If it's a short, haven't you watched enough anime to get the gist of what they're talking about? Like I can't imagine there's much being said :tongue:

Original post by Red Fox
It's not as bad (or good, depending on your love for Gintama) as MAL, Gintama takes up 5 of the top 10 spots.

Yeah that makes sense with regards to sequels. Gintama is well worth it in my opinion. The start is a bit slow but it just gets better and funnier the more you watch. I've been watching 1 or 2 episodes per day for about 2 and a half months but I might pick up the pace soon because of the new season.

I've decided to not watch any anime for the rest of the week though because I'm feeling burned out. Let's see how long I can last:lol:.

How many episodes have you watched so far?
After being reminded about it I went back to watch it :biggrin:
If it's a short, haven't you watched enough anime to get the gist of what they're talking about? Like I can't imagine there's much being said :tongue:

How many episodes have you watched so far?
After being reminded about it I went back to watch it :biggrin:

Just watched episode 87, the arc with Sougo's sister. What episode are you on? I've watched the first 2 episodes of the currently airing series and the second one was hilarious. (My anime hiatus lasted 1 day:lol:, but I'm only watching like 2 episodes total per day at the moment).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
Just watched episode 87, the arc with Sougo's sister. What episode are you on? I've watched the first 2 episodes of the currently airing series and the second one was hilarious. (My anime hiatus lasted 1 day:lol:, but I'm only watching like 2 episodes total per day at the moment).

That was a decent arc

Spoiler

I'm 100 episodes ahead of you, incidentally - it was an arc also about Sougo. I've stormed through a bunch of episodes in this last week. I'm surprised you can moderate how much gintama you watch! :biggrin:

My habit is that I'll watch loads of episodes in one go then take a really long break and go back to it a nearly a year or so later; no wonder I've managed to stretch watching it since January of 2012.
That was a decent arc

Spoiler

I'm 100 episodes ahead of you, incidentally - it was an arc also about Sougo. I've stormed through a bunch of episodes in this last week. I'm surprised you can moderate how much gintama you watch! :biggrin:

My habit is that I'll watch loads of episodes in one go then take a really long break and go back to it a nearly a year or so later; no wonder I've managed to stretch watching it since January of 2012.

Yeah Sougo and Hijikata are my favourite characters so I enjoyed it. I'd love a short spin-off series with the Shinsengumi as the main characters.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah Sougo and Hijikata are my favourite characters so I enjoyed it. I'd love a short spin-off series with the Shinsengumi as the main characters.

Mayo Mayo! Mayorin :smile:
The shinsengumi is pretty awesome - I find it hilarious how Hijikata is still considered badass (188) even though he's had so many uncool appearances; guess the idea of form is temporary and class is permanent can be applied here. You've not been to Yoshiwara yet have you? I make it sound like you're living in the gintama set but that's how good it is at drawing fans in - don't you think? :colondollar:
Mayo Mayo! Mayorin :smile:
The shinsengumi is pretty awesome - I find it hilarious how Hijikata is still considered badass (188) even though he's had so many uncool appearances; guess the idea of form is temporary and class is permanent can be applied here. You've not been to Yoshiwara yet have you? I make it sound like you're living in the gintama set but that's how good it is at drawing fans in - don't you think? :colondollar:

It's great how the show can go from comedy to serious/feels in the same episode and not feel awkward at all. Hijikata is just a boss, I don't think he'd be half as cool with a different voice actor though.

Nah I don't think I've got to that bit yet:tongue:.

I probably could TBH, I watched most of Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino raw back when it wasn't subbed (though I had read the manga already so knew what was going on). :p:
I watched Wolf Children last night and thought it was amazing. I haven't watched many anime films but this has convinced me to watch more so any recommendations would be appreciated.
Original post by Red Fox
I watched Wolf Children last night and thought it was amazing. I haven't watched many anime films but this has convinced me to watch more so any recommendations would be appreciated.

All of the One Piece movies
Original post by Red Fox

Here's a few of my favourites:

Tokyo Godfathers

Giovanni's Island

They Were Eleven

Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind

Sword of the Stranger

Latest