The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Fp3 isnt that bad either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but I only finished the module a few days ago, so I haven't had chance to take a look at past papers yet. Hardest part are chapter 2 loci questions.
Original post by H0PEL3SS
I know, but I only finished the module a few days ago, so I haven't had chance to take a look at past papers yet. Hardest part are chapter 2 loci questions.

Yes I would agree on that. Ch 2 questions get tricky. I finished it recently anyway. Well i did up to vectors a long time ago but didnt touch the matrices chapter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does collinear mean in c4 vectors?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What does collinear mean in c4 vectors?

If 3 points are collinear they lie on a straight line.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The question would be nice lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahahaha sorry loool no worries got it in the end 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 265
Original post by mccrae01
I know you've got most of the links in there already but you might want to add this to the OP

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/

It has the gold - bronze papers, Solomon's and Elmwood papers for all the units in one place :smile:

Thank you, I'll add this when I'm on my computer.
Does anyone know how the Solomon papers are constructed? Like are they made from harder past paper Qs or just made up of hard Qs in line with the spec? I know the gold, sliver n bronze are formed from past paper Qs. Also how does the relative difficulty of Solomon compare to the gold, silver n bronze?
Original post by ACarter8
Does anyone know how the Solomon papers are constructed? Like are they made from harder past paper Qs or just made up of hard Qs in line with the spec? I know the gold, sliver n bronze are formed from past paper Qs. Also how does the relative difficulty of Solomon compare to the gold, silver n bronze?

my teacher tells me to do only solomon papers A, B and C... because the others are irrelevant and have a different question sense to the actual edexcel exam questions.

yeah do bronze silver and gold! thats the best prep for the exam
Original post by H0PEL3SS
C4 vectors are nothing compared to FP3.

Hahaha i know, FP2 complex transformations are the worst tho actually :smile: all those u v x and y lying around *shudder*
Original post by tazza ma razza
Hahaha i know, FP2 complex transformations are the worst tho actually :smile: all those u v x and y lying around *shudder*

Yeah, I agree with that. Apart from those, FP2 is less intense than I was expecting.
Not that I'm complaining :tongue:

Yes I would agree on that. Ch 2 questions get tricky. I finished it recently anyway. Well i did up to vectors a long time ago but didnt touch the matrices chapter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mind matrices, although we did matrices before vectors, so I need to do some of the overlapping questions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
my teacher tells me to do only solomon papers A, B and C... because the others are irrelevant and have a different question sense to the actual edexcel exam questions.

yeah do bronze silver and gold! thats the best prep for the exam

Thats a lie. They are all relevant to our syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

So are the Solomon papers edexcel specific?
Original post by ACarter8
So are the Solomon papers edexcel specific?

Yep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[ATTACH]388203[/ATTACH

Wth is this proof it's so ridiculous..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also guys please donate to my just giving page to help Nepal

https://www.justgiving.com/Manahal-Mateen/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is C4 anybody else's hardest module?

It's not the difficulty but the amount of time involved to perfect it. :frown:
[QUOTE="Medicjug;55275319"]ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430073976.221613.jpg

do you think we could be asked to prove this? done pretty much all the past papers, haven't seen it once, i'm guessing it's more of an understanding thing than actually learning the proof
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430190268.203050.jpg

Can someone help with part d

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430190298.575615.jpg

Why does my diagram not work

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending