The Student Room Group

Business Studies - Edexcel A Level

Hi, anyone know what the split is between coursework and exams for AS/A Level Business Studies? Thanks!
There is no coursework involved for this A level, every unit is an examination (1h 15m for AS, 1h 30m for A2)

Hope it helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Omni Vanitas
There is no coursework involved for this A level, every unit is an examination (1h 15m for AS, 1h 30m for A2)

Hope it helps!

Thanks but there is at the one they study in my 6th form. Think maybe it's called Applied Business Studies rather than just Business Studies
Reply 3
Original post by Jan15
Thanks but there is at the one they study in my 6th form. Think maybe it's called Applied Business Studies rather than just Business Studies

From what I've managed to find I think it might be 1/3 exam and then 2/3 for the 2 coursework pieces. Anyone know if this is correct?
For Applied Business, AS - 1/3 exam and 2/3 coursework, A2 1/3 and 2/3 coursework

In A2 though there are 2 types of exams that can happen depending on what units your teacher picks. It can either be a paper that you get at the end of the year (like unit 10) or it could be a piece of coursework that has to be completed in a certain amount of time under strict conditions in school hours (like unit 8)

Quick Reply

Latest