The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MM2B Mechanics 2 - Monday 22nd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Tiwa
Thanks so much! But I don't understand where the angle 70 comes from...

Basically, the angle is 70 because there's 20 degrees between the frictional force and the horizontal. The frictional force and "Rc" are perpendicular, meaning the sum of these angles is 110 degrees.

This means that, because the angles around the horizontal must sum to 180, then the angle between "Rc" and the horizontal must be 70 degrees.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Original post by CD223
Basically, the angle is 70 because there's 20 degrees between the frictional force and the horizontal. The frictional force and "Rc" are perpendicular, meaning the sum of these angles is 110 degrees.

This means that, because the angles around the horizontal must sum to 180, then the angle between "Rc" and the horizontal must be 70 degrees.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes perfect sense! Thank you so much!
Reply 102
Original post by Tiwa
That makes perfect sense! Thank you so much!

No worries! Happy to help! Feel free to post any other questions you get stuck with as it'll definitely help me and I'm sure others too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by CD223
No worries! Happy to help! Feel free to post any other questions you get stuck with as it'll definitely help me and I'm sure others too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will! I think it helped me that I drew a triangle between the forces Rc and the frictional force to get the angle 70!
Reply 104
Original post by Tiwa
I will! I think it helped me that I drew a triangle between the forces Rc and the frictional force to get the angle 70!

Drawing diagrams makes workings 100x easier in M2 haha.
Reply 105
Original post by CD223
Drawing diagrams makes workings 100x easier in M2 haha.

Definitely!
Reply 106
Original post by Tiwa
Definitely!

Do you use many video resources at all?
Reply 107
Original post by CD223
Do you use many video resources at all?

Not too often. However, I used them today and they were pretty useful. Btw, do you recommend using the Solomon papers for C3? Cause some of the C4 topics come up in those Solomon papers..
Reply 108
Original post by Tiwa
Not too often. However, I used them today and they were pretty useful. Btw, do you recommend using the Solomon papers for C3? Cause some of the C4 topics come up in those Solomon papers..

What resources do you use? I tend to use Jack Brown on YouTube. You?

Yeah Solomon papers are useful :smile:
Reply 109
Original post by CD223
What resources do you use? I tend to use Jack Brown on YouTube. You?

Yeah Solomon papers are useful :smile:

I was just watching videos by a man called Stu Gregory?
Reply 110
Original post by Tiwa
I was just watching videos by a man called Stu Gregory?

Oh I've not heard of him! Is he good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
Original post by CD223
Oh I've not heard of him! Is he good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's alright I guess. Although his voice is so boring to listen to.
Reply 112
Original post by Tiwa
He's alright I guess. Although his voice is so boring to listen to.

Oh no :L Jack Brown is good. My college do videos too but they're private so I've had issues sharing them on here ::

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Original post by CD223
Oh no :L Jack Brown is good. My college do videos too but they're private so I've had issues sharing them on here ::

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I understand!
Reply 114
Original post by Tiwa
Ah I understand!

I've tried to upload power points to the first post of the thread. Do you think they look good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Original post by CD223
I've tried to upload power points to the first post of the thread. Do you think they look good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! Thank you so much!
Reply 116
Original post by Tiwa
Yep! Thank you so much!

That's okay! Hope they're helpful. I thought they looked good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Has anyone done M2 June 2014?

I have a mock on it on Friday and wondered about its difficulty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Original post by CD223
Has anyone done M2 June 2014?

I have a mock on it on Friday and wondered about its difficulty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't done it but I looked a the grade boundaries and they were generally high ish. 62 for an A and 68 for an A* I believe?
Reply 119
Original post by Tiwa
I haven't done it but I looked a the grade boundaries and they were generally high ish. 62 for an A and 68 for an A* I believe?

Oh thanks for the info! I'll see how hard it is tomorrow and post how hard I found it on here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending