The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zander01
Don't know why I never look at this thread. Appears quite frisky.

Also

bow down to your SNP overlords, peasants.

its not normally that bad.. just tensions are in the air due to elections, and well.. the football season is bassically over, so there is more time to focus on having a go at each other rather then football
This is the best election picture so far anyway :lol:

Election day is a good chance to bring up this peice of genius again:

Who does not want to vote for this badass

[video="youtube;0YBumQHPAeU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBumQHPAeU[/video]

Just shows why they should not allow certain people to vote.
Reply 3464
Original post by Depleted
Thoughts on Labour-SNP coalition?

Tragic tbh. I don't see Ed having the authenticity to not be significantly influenced by their policies.

Got me thinking though, would people feel differently towards Labour if David (Miliband) had become party leader, and not Ed?

I'm crying
Don't know why I never look at this thread. Appears quite frisky.

Needs a bit more spice (intelligent discussion has overtaken misc-talk and trolling lately) but it's one of the better threads on TSR
Original post by SA-1
Tragic tbh. I don't see Ed having the authenticity to not be significantly influenced by their policies.

Got me thinking though, would people feel differently towards Labour if David (Miliband) had become party leader, and not Ed?

Of course. If David was party leader this election would've been a colossal landslide.
Looking like Tory-Lib coalition again. If the exit polls are correct.

Soon this thread can get back to important topics....
(edited 8 years ago)
A second exit poll from YouGov has it much, much tigher.
Conservative 284
Labour 263

Liberals 31

SNP 48,

UKIP 2,

Plaid 3,

Green 1

second one in, telegraph is the place 2 be
Exit poll was spot on in 2010 but there's so many complications and variables this time. No way will the Lib Dems have 10 seats.

That YouGov poll is much more realistic imo. Would mean we're guaranteed a 3 party coalition :redface:
to be honest, the thing I am most happy with is both put ukip only with 2 MPs..

All of their talk + confidence on here from their supporters.. and it looks like they may only do as well as the greens.

Happy with that.
Wouldn't be surprised is the exit poll is spot on.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Wouldn't be surprised is the exit poll is spot on.

We're destined for another Tory-Clegg coalition ffs. Won't deviate much if at all. If that fool Ed stood aside for his brother Labour could've got a outright majority.
Original post by fallen_acorns
to be honest, the thing I am most happy with is both put ukip only with 2 MPs..

All of their talk + confidence on here from their supporters.. and it looks like they may only do as well as the greens.

Happy with that.
FPTP isn't it, people voting Green and UKIP in constituencies where they are basically just wasting their vote. They share of the vote isn't representative of their number of seats. Even Farage is looking like he might not have won.

Scottish Labour seem to be suggesting they haven't been hit by the SNP anywhere near as bad as the first exit poll suggests.
(edited 8 years ago)
You gov don't do exist poll. Don't really see how exist polls can call this election. Too many small parties in play and BBC one pretty much suggests that the tories have got all their UKIP votes back though Ashcroft polls indicated this, not to this extent.

Really hope madness happens and it's as close as possible between con lab. Otherwise, a big tory majority means the end of the union and strong possibility of coming out of EU; both are asinine if they happen.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by atom y humber
You gov don't do exist poll. Don't really see how exist polls can call this election. Too many small parties in play and BBC one pretty much suggests that the tories have got all their UKIP votes back though Ashcroft polls indicated this, not to this extent.

Really hope madness happens and it's as close as possible between con lab. Otherwise, a big tory majority means the end of the union and strong possibility of coming out of EU; both are asinine if they happen.

**** off jam
Yes m8 Labour 2-0 up
Original post by difeo
Yes m8 Labour 2-0 up

Drl

Latest