The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 Exam

Hello everyone!
How did you find the Biology exam? I actually found a few issues with it... one being that it was more of an English & Maths paper rather than Biology... which is odd and annoying!! I also found that the example graph for Person 1 for the Heart Rate question wrong... in the forumla example given it said ____ x 77, however when I checked the graph plotted, it was way over 80, and no where near 77... I have asked some friends and they believe the same too!
Did you find this too?
I hope it all went well for you, and didn't find it too problematic!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
God I screwed up the DNA question with the homozygous and heterozygous question, somehow managed to get the genetic diagram question write though...
Reply 2
Original post by challisrobert
Hello everyone!
How did you find the Biology exam? I actually found a few issues with it... one being that it was more of an English & Maths paper rather than Biology... which is odd and annoying!! I also found that the example graph for Person 1 for the Heart Rate question wrong... in the forumla example given it said ____ x 77, however when I checked the graph plotted, it was way over 80, and no where near 77... I have asked some friends and they believe the same too!
Did you find this too?

Formula? i just x the two numbers i got from the graph to get like 5777 or something close.
Hello everyone!
Did you find this too?

Hello ! My instincts first discovered that too, however as you look closely at the graph you notice that the rate is still increasing even when Excerise is stopped ! There was a vertical line to show when they stopped excersising and the rate was increasing after this up to 82/88
Hope this helped ! How did u find the exam overall ?
I messed up the magnification question, I put 40x when it was 400x. I didn't understand how many copies were needed for polydactyly and cystic fibrosis and the reason why the pH changed for both investigations. Apart from those it was decent, it was a weird paper though!
I screwed up the magnification,ratio and I wrote a lot for the 5mark question on excersise but im not sure if i was write with that hopefully i got atleast 3/5 on that.

Overall I think I got an A but I always do better than I think :biggrin:

Also mark scheme will be 40-46 for an A* im guessing
I now realise what I did wrong oops... However I didnt see a line for when they stopped exercising? Annoying... oh well! I also out 40 magnification, was it 400? I was led to believe it was 40... unure now! Haha
I now realise what I did wrong oops... However I didnt see a line for when they stopped exercising? Annoying... oh well! I also out 40 magnification, was it 400? I was led to believe it was 40... unure now! Haha

did everyone get 23 and 46 alleles or 1 and 2
Original post by parsonec01

First question 1, second one 2 cuz its recessive

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like I messed up soo bad DX can't see myself getting an A* ): Worst thing is one of the answers came to me when they said times up DX plus the 6 marker threw me off soo much. Everyone else said how easy it was

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by parsonec01

For the polydactyly and cystic fibrosis one? I got 1 and 2... I don't know though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by isabellagrace
For the polydactyly and cystic fibrosis one? I got 1 and 2... I don't know though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure that was right for the fibrosis and polydactyly question as polydactyly is dominant so you only need 1 and cystic fibrosis is recessive so you need 2.

Tbf my stupid instincts lead me into writing 750 for the magnification ! Don't know where I got that from ! So I can't help on that one sorry - why are there gaps in the fossil reocrd ?
I messed up so bad. I got the punnet square wrong The magnification and plus i messed up the 6 marker. Very annoying paper tho
Reply 14
i got 1 and 2 as well
Original post by Jamesosborne
Tbf my stupid instincts lead me into writing 750 for the magnification ! Don't know where I got that from ! So I can't help on that one sorry - why are there gaps in the fossil reocrd ?

I put one reason as major geological disasters destroy them like asteroids or earthquakes but I didn't know a second point, so I said about soft bodied organisms that decay completely so we don't have any fossils of them even though it was about birds not slugs or whatever :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you put for the second page with the bile and milk?
Reply 17
I thought it was horrible! What about everyone else?
Original post by Desouza123
What did you put for the second page with the bile and milk?

I HATED THAT WHOLE QUESTION. It really scared me as I was like OMG is the whole paper going to be like this helpppppp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Senpai
God I screwed up the DNA question with the homozygous and heterozygous question, somehow managed to get the genetic diagram question write though...

what was the answer too the homo hereto one I'm not sure i got it right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending