Original post by TazLi
Remember + and -

There was no - for that q because r>0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TazLi
Remember + and -

Its not +- as it said where r>0
Original post by Nels98
if r is less than zero it doesn't necessarily mean the whole thing is so there should be a =+/-
i doubt you will loose a mark though

argh, god dammit. I got Sqrt(A * pi)/(x+y) = r
Knew i shouldn't have done it that way! :frown: so disappointed. was going for at least 70 as well :/
Reply 304
yeh i only put + also but who knows what theyll accept
Reply 305
Did anyone get (0,10) and (-2.5,0) for the question with parallel line L?(intersection with axes question)
Reply 306
Fair point guys sorry ahaha
Take a look at the thread linked below to gauge the difficulty of the paper and have your say.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3322927
No if r is more than zero there cannot be a minus before the square root...no +/-
has anyone done the mark scheme yet
Original post by Slenderman
How do you guys write math stuff and it appears big and nice, instead of saying sqrroot u actually get a square root.

Use the latex tag, and then put LaTeX code inside.

Example:
x=b±b24ac2ax = \frac{-b \pm \sqrt{b^2 - 4ac}}{2a}

Becomes:
x=b±b24ac2ax = \frac{-b \pm \sqrt{b^2 - 4ac}}{2a}
Can I just check, how many marks was Q12 in total?
Reply 312
Original post by Arkasia
Can I just check, how many marks was Q12 in total?

Reply 313
For question 11 (or 10?), I also calculated the tangent to the circle from point B or E. Which means the second part of the question where it asked to prove the equation works for "C" would also be incorrect I guess. My guess is that we'll receive no marks, which is annoying as it's a 5 or 6 mark question. Calculating the bisector is actually easier than calculating the tangent, so annoyed with myself for getting this one wrong. Doesn't matter though as I completely messed up the whole of question 12 and made some silly errors in section A like not putting the powers on the binomial expansion terms for example. I'll be lucky to even pass... so demotivated right now, feel like I've wasted an entire year. From doing past papers I felt as though I'd get most of the questions correct for Core 1. No idea how I'll survive in Core 2 if Core 1 went this badly. Retake for me in a years time I guess...

The worst thing is remembering how to work something out the minute the exam ends!
Grr I knew how to do 12i but then plugged my numbers in wrong (forgetting to multiply by the coefficient of x^2) leaving me with k > -12 rather than k > 14/3 which is what I am getting now outside of the exam :-) Oh well hope I've gotten a method mark for setting up the quadratic atleast.

Does anyone have any idea if I will lose a mark for forgetting to cancel my fraction into its lowest form on that right angled triangle question?
Original post by Nels98

Ah good so I can still get around 60/61
I put k<-14/3 for the final question....worked everything out but mucked up the inequality do you guys think I'll only drop a mark or more or will I be okay?..
Wellllll, that wasn't horrendous but it wasn't good either. What did you guys get for 12(i)? I got k>14/3
Anyone know how you would go about getting predicted an A* for a level maths? Like what would you have to have gotten on this paper if you were to get the same mark on the other two
Still holding out for an unofficial mark scheme. Anyone got anything yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending