The Student Room Group

WJEC G2 15th may

What do people expect to see on this exam on friday and what are you hoping for? I hope limitations or evaluation question comes up for G2 skills 3(c)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hopefully gender imbalance in Q1 because I feel quite confident about it. What does everyone think will come up?
Help!! Can someone share information and case studies about the rural environment pls?! I'm stressing out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellshow
What do people expect to see on this exam on friday and what are you hoping for? I hope limitations or evaluation question comes up for G2 skills 3(c)

Looking at Past Papers - I reckon Gender balance, the DTM Model, Rural-Urban Fringe and CBD Regenerations.
Original post by Matthewdang
Help!! Can someone share information and case studies about the rural environment pls?! I'm stressing out

Posted from TSR Mobile

For rural case studies, I think you may need one for an example of a rural-urban fringe, one for rural expansion/counter-urbanisation and one for issues in rural areas at minimum. Not sure if anyone else can add to this?
Reply 5
I hope it is, i feel confident about them! Im worrying though it will be harsh because g1 wasn't a bad paper:frown:
Reply 6
Anyone got any good notes for G2 like case studies etc
Reply 7
Any ghetoisation case studies????
Reply 8
Original post by danbricee97
Looking at Past Papers - I reckon Gender balance, the DTM Model, Rural-Urban Fringe and CBD Regenerations.

Why Gender Balance, it came up last year and rural-urban fringe stuff has come up in recent years. Just wondering?
Reply 9
Original post by melx
Any ghetoisation case studies????

Southall- west of london also known as "little india" less than 12% of population are white and over 55% of the population are indian or pakistani. It is home to one of the largest sikh temples and has swayed to a heavy asian theme where the signs are written in pubjab. However in 1970's race riots came about.in 1976 a sikh teenager called gureep was killed in a racist attack. This led to people rioting and a An anti-rasist activist who was a teacher was killed by police in 1979. Other impacts of the riots where a tarvern was burned down and 300 people arrested.
Reply 10
Original post by 16161616
Why Gender Balance, it came up last year and rural-urban fringe stuff has come up in recent years. Just wondering?

I personaly think its about high mortality rates and comparing stages in DTM. Then for question 2 an urban regneration scheme, inner city problems. What do you think will come up?
Original post by Ellshow
I personaly think its about high mortality rates and comparing stages in DTM. Then for question 2 an urban regneration scheme, inner city problems. What do you think will come up?

Population: Methods to reduce birth rates + Impacts of Migration on Source
Settlement: Causes of re-urbanisation and rural change
Coursework: Data collection or limitations

Quite confident about most of them to be honest, hopefully i am right!!!
Hopefully no migration or rural-urban fringe!
Reply 13
Original post by 16161616
Population: Methods to reduce birth rates + Impacts of Migration on Source
Settlement: Causes of re-urbanisation and rural change
Coursework: Data collection or limitations

Quite confident about most of them to be honest, hopefully i am right!!!

I hope its them but i have a feeling evaluation of the investigation will come up for 3C as its only been asked once and the last time was 2009 !
My teacher reckons AIDS/migration impacts on source country
And inner cities
Reply 15
Think it will be limitations or evaluation On investigation.
Reply 16
Omg has any1 else noticed that g1 and G2 geog AS past papers seem to use the same questions on investigations? if thats right then today it wil be on strengths and weakness of presenting data!!!!
Original post by Ellshow
I hope its them but i have a feeling evaluation of the investigation will come up for 3C as its only been asked once and the last time was 2009 !

That was not too bad was it? Aprt from the 5 markers which i am really bad at, it was ok :smile:
How did anyone find it?
good mostly but that 2 a) question was awful. it didnt tell you were north was!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending