The Student Room Group

What's everyone think of AQA Accounting Unit1? (12/5/15)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Brandonw97
Whenever I can get to see it because I want to see how many marks I got roughly

AQA won't release the paper online until this time next year

You'll have to get a copy from your college
Bloody hell‚ didn't think it would be that long and okay thanks

Yeah if you noticed this year they released the 2014 paper on the first of may so i asuume thats when they will next year
Reply 43

It's because teachers use the previous paper for mocks etc, and it's unfair for the teachers if the students can just get the paper and the mark scheme straight up
Yeah probably and yeah makes a lot of sense
Reply 45
what yall think gonna come up on friday
Reply 46
Original post by df2397
what yall think gonna come up on friday

Gearing ratio, analysis about gearing ratio, advantages and disadvantages of budgets, given a scenario and then have to compare if they should stay as a sole trader or enter into a partnership
what did yout lot do for the suspense account for the last question? was your trial balance difference on the DR side and was it like 1009 or something?
Reply 48
Original post by Kelem
Gearing ratio, analysis about gearing ratio, advantages and disadvantages of budgets, given a scenario and then have to compare if they should stay as a sole trader or enter into a partnership

what about incole statement for a sole trader?
??????????????????
Reply 50
Original post by df2397
what about incole statement for a sole trader?

I think an income statement for a limited company may arise. I don't think it's very likely, but it's a total possibility so I wouldn't rule it out. AQA may make us do a whole income statement and then add the bottom equity bit with shares etc as there was no income statement in unit 1. I will look at the chart in college to see what the predictions are.

But that's just my predictions.

What are yours?
Reply 51
Original post by Kelem
I think an income statement for a limited company may arise. I don't think it's very likely, but it's a total possibility so I wouldn't rule it out. AQA may make us do a whole income statement and then add the bottom equity bit with shares etc as there was no income statement in unit 1. I will look at the chart in college to see what the predictions are.

But that's just my predictions.

What are yours?

but that came up last year and my HOPEs are:
Budgetting
Ratios
Sole Trader income statement
revenue and capital expenditure (problly will come up)
Reply 52
Original post by df2397
but that came up last year and my HOPEs are:
Budgetting
Ratios
Sole Trader income statement
revenue and capital expenditure (problly will come up)

Yeah but judging on how bad unit 1 was on Tuesday, I'm not doubting a repetition in this paper.

Capital and revenue expenditure could just come up as a definition question
Be prepared for a full income statement with many adjustments OR a full balance sheet with the equity section, so you would need to work out the right issue or bonus issue? Also ratio calculations as well as analysis so know your theory and affects of ratios (how they can be improved etc)
Reply 54
Original post by Kirthan 08
Be prepared for a full income statement with many adjustments OR a full balance sheet with the equity section, so you would need to work out the right issue or bonus issue? Also ratio calculations as well as analysis so know your theory and affects of ratios (how they can be improved etc)

surely balance sheet won't come up
Reply 55
Im hoping there will be a balance sheet because the last 3 papers havent had one?
Reply 56
Acc2 is tomorrow, I did really well in acc1 but I'm sure Fixed asset disposal will come up and I can't do it 😢
Reply 57
Original post by Kbbbb
It was so bad! I didn't get my balance sheet to balance and completely forgot to put in shop fittings for NCA!! I did all the workings out for it though so do you honk I'll still get the marks? Also what did you put for the last three errors and does omission go in suspense! There is no way that the suspense question was 7 marks. Here's hoping unit 2 is nice

No omission does not go in it, none of the cropco errors go in the suspense account. I felt the exam went ok but unit 2 there probably be a FADA question because it went so bad last year
Reply 58
I'm not so sure on the disposal. I'm not gonna revise it because I don't feel it's likely to come up. If it does then I'm screwed haha
Original post by ks4872
Acc2 is tomorrow, I did really well in acc1 but I'm sure Fixed asset disposal will come up and I can't do it ������

Be mindful that it came up last year, so it may be unlikely to come up this year!

I get what you're saying though... I did the paper last year and the disposal question was a nasty one. I decided to retake this year because ACCN3 is very complimentary towards ACCN2.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending