The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Further Mathematics Paper 1 (7367/1) - 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

AQA A-level Further Mathematics Paper 1 (7367/1) - 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Thursday 25th May 2023/ PM
Length: 2h

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good look to anyone who finds this page
how we feelin people?
Reply 3
Original post by Anon69420lol
how we feelin people?

I feel more prepared than before BUT, I was doing 2019 paper 1, and I made a sign error at the beginning of 3 questions and it cost me 20 marks and I am SCAREDDD
Original post by Duckfaces
I feel more prepared than before BUT, I was doing 2019 paper 1, and I made a sign error at the beginning of 3 questions and it cost me 20 marks and I am SCAREDDD

nah that dont matter tho, only 1 sign? Just chill and it'll all be good. what grade do u need?
Reply 5
Original post by Anon69420lol
nah that dont matter tho, only 1 sign? Just chill and it'll all be good. what grade do u need?

I need an A*, the thing is if I mess up the sign at the start, the rest of my working out is y wrong - especially if the second part of the question relies on your answer from the beginning and there’s no ECF marks, if I do that on multiple questions, that’s like 20 marks gone😭 - I went from 89-69 marks in my practice paper
how did everyone do?
Original post by SebastianEne
how did everyone do?

think i did alright, was a good enough paper i just got rattled early on and i made some simple mistakes on some easier questions. think i’ve done alright though despite that thankfully, or at least enough to set me up for the rest of the papers. last two questions were an absolute blessing
Reply 8
yeah content was it wasn’t a difficult paper but there we was a lot of room for error and i made stupid mistakes lol
Original post by SebastianEne
how did everyone do?
Reply 9
I absolutly loved todays exam. Got a few weird answers for the integration and differntial equation questions but definatly got working out marks. I managed to answer every question in the time so we good :smile:
Reply 10
Lovely paper. Made silly errors though and ran out of time on the last question.
Reply 11
that eigenvector question made me cry
Was it easier than last years? I’m doing a maths degree but I still have trauma from the weirdness of 2022 paper 1 lol
Reply 13
I think it was easier than last years but that's just a personal opinion :smile:
Original post by waashy10166
Was it easier than last years? I’m doing a maths degree but I still have trauma from the weirdness of 2022 paper 1 lol
Reply 14
Did people get a as 3/2 for the second to last question

Also for the big differential equation one I think I got something for p and q as -a/25 and b/50 respectively for the trial function for cos 2x

My constant in the last question was something 5000/64 but can't remember rly

Matrices were nice, I feel I may have messed up one value so my others were wrong but I'll probably get a lot of method marks.
Method of differences was lovely
The vector triangle area I think I got 21/2? Could be a different tho

Will try to remember what else I got
Reply 15
Original post by Shanksss
Did people get a as 3/2 for the second to last question

Also for the big differential equation one I think I got something for p and q as -a/25 and b/50 respectively for the trial function for cos 2x

My constant in the last question was something 5000/64 but can't remember rly

Matrices were nice, I feel I may have messed up one value so my others were wrong but I'll probably get a lot of method marks.
Method of differences was lovely
The vector triangle area I think I got 21/2? Could be a different tho

Will try to remember what else I got

I got pretty similar numbers to you, can't remember exactly but yeah similar. I did get as 3/2, I'm surprised I managed to do that, figured it out in the last 30 minutes. and yeah my constant was also 5000-something/64. super happy you got the same because I'm prone to making lots of stupid errors. also agree with the vector area!
Reply 16
I couldn't do the Eigen vector one and ran out of time for the surface area but tbf everything else was calm
Reply 17
I didn't get parts A,C,D for the eigenvector question and I didn't do part B for the last one. I also couldn't do the polar equation to Cartesian for some reason but when I did those questions at home I could get it but I fumbled on the test.
Reply 18
Original post by entitree
I got pretty similar numbers to you, can't remember exactly but yeah similar. I did get as 3/2, I'm surprised I managed to do that, figured it out in the last 30 minutes. and yeah my constant was also 5000-something/64. super happy you got the same because I'm prone to making lots of stupid errors. also agree with the vector area!

That makes me feel better too lol, do you remember what you got for the distance between point p and the plane? Apart from that matrices weren't too bad - I'm a bit skeptical on some of my answers and reasoning tho, I feel I'll get a lot of method marks
Reply 19
Original post by Shanksss
That makes me feel better too lol, do you remember what you got for the distance between point p and the plane? Apart from that matrices weren't too bad - I'm a bit skeptical on some of my answers and reasoning tho, I feel I'll get a lot of method marks

Did you have fractions that were /49 for the direction vector from the point to the plane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending