The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 1 Answers May 2015

Scroll to see replies

For attempting to work out the discriminent will you get a mark. This is because i worked it out wrond as i got -23 (1-24) since i didnt times 4ac by -1. Thus i final answer was k>-23/8 (swapped signs due to dividing by -ve)
Reply 21
For question 7b)
I differentiated wrongly and ended up with a different power, and got the answer as -1/12. Do I get any marks?
For (5root5)^3 i wrote 5^5.5 because i did 5^2 x 5^3 x5^0.5 rather that 5^1 x 5^3 x5^0.5. could i still get 1 mark
Reply 23
Hi Mr M, thanks a lot for posting the answers. Relative to the past OCR C1 papers, how difficult do you think it stands? Would you say it would have higher grade boundaries like June 2014 or lower, for example 58 for and A?
If one of my y co ordinate is wrog bu t my working from then on is fine will i get 2/4
Original post by ajamesg
Is there any chance you could post the c1 paper?

It is copyright so I can't.
Original post by Rubberduckiller
For attempting to work out the discriminant will you get a mark.

Yes.
Original post by czj1997
For question 7b)
I differentiated wrongly and ended up with a different power, and got the answer as -1/12. Do I get any marks?

Yes. You'll probably get 2.
Reply 28
What was question 5ii) i cant remember the answer
For (5root5)^3 i wrote 5^5.5 because i did 5^2 x 5^3 x5^0.5 rather that 5^1 x 5^3 x5^0.5. could i still get 1 mark

Possibly - I'm not sure.
If one of my y co ordinate is wrog bu t my working from then on is fine will i get 2/4

On which question?
Original post by Mr M
On which question?

very last working out area of triangle
Original post by Jords13
What was question 5ii) i cant remember the answer

Find perpendicular bisector of (2,1) and (5,-3).
For 7b, I got to the -1/16 * 1/3 stage where you get -1/48, but I decided to divide by 1/3 (no idea why?), so got -3/16. How many marks do you reckon I lost? Thanks :smile:
very last working out area of triangle

Yes.
Original post by AstroNandos
For 7b, I got to the -1/16 * 1/3 stage where you get -1/48, but I decided to divide by 1/3 (no idea why?), so got -3/16. How many marks do you reckon I lost? Thanks :smile:

Just lose one.
Original post by Mr M
Yes.

cheers thnx alot for clearing my doubts
Reply 37
For the last question, I worked out the 3 co-ords but failed to work out the area of the triangle. Do you think I would lose 2 or 3 of the 4 marks?
Original post by duncant
For the last question, I worked out the 3 co-ords but failed to work out the area of the triangle. Do you think I would lose 2 or 3 of the 4 marks?

Lose 2.
Reply 39
Thanks for the speedy reply. For Question 6 I got 3 solutions but failed to get the fourth, would I lose 1 or 2 marks? Also 2iii I said stretch but wrong scale factor, lose 1 or both marks? Again thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending