The Student Room Group

WJEC G2 15th may

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
G2 was ok. Not brill. I hate human geog tho, so boring unlike physical.
Reply 21
I really enjoyed it, knew everything and felt confident! Hopefully it will balance my terrible g1 mistake i did!
Reply 22
Original post by matthewdjones
good mostly but that 2 a) question was awful. it didnt tell you were north was!

If a picture of map doesnt have north on, you always assume the picture/map is facing north! My teacher told me! I struggled to see some of the land use though!
Reply 23
Original post by 16161616
That was not too bad was it? Aprt from the 5 markers which i am really bad at, it was ok :smile:

I enjoyed it! The questions were so nice :smile:
Original post by Ellshow
I really enjoyed it, knew everything and felt confident! Hopefully it will balance my terrible g1 mistake i did!

What mistake was that?
Reply 25
What mistake was that?

For the climate change question about extreme weather and human activities i took the approach of our human activities such as fossil fuel burning are creating an enchanced green house effect. Then this causes warming of sea temps and creates tropical storms such as hurricane katrina. I then said about how us defforestating trees is making more flooding events happen:frown: it should of been about how extreme weather effects us such as like loss of jobs /toursim kind of thing :frown: ohwell
Original post by Ellshow
For the climate change question about extreme weather and human activities i took the approach of our human activities such as fossil fuel burning are creating an enchanced green house effect. Then this causes warming of sea temps and creates tropical storms such as hurricane katrina. I then said about how us defforestating trees is making more flooding events happen:frown: it should of been about how extreme weather effects us such as like loss of jobs /toursim kind of thing :frown: ohwell

I also made a mistake by forgetting to put my coursework question down on the last question :frown:. Not sure how many marks i will lose
Reply 27
I also made a mistake by forgetting to put my coursework question down on the last question :frown:. Not sure how many marks i will lose

If you forgot the question then no matter how good your answer is sorry to say but the most marks you can get is 3.
Original post by Ellshow

ahh that sucks:frown: i found G1 quite tricky and only wrote about one of plate boundaries for 2b hopefully G2 will bring us both up :smile: fingers crossed!!
Original post by mjrd
If you forgot the question then no matter how good your answer is sorry to say but the most marks you can get is 3.

That is what i heard but how do you know?
Reply 30
That is what i heard but how do you know?

Teacher had warned us not to forget as we would loose 7 marks.
Original post by Ellshow
If a picture of map doesnt have north on, you always assume the picture/map is facing north! My teacher told me! I struggled to see some of the land use though!

but was it vertically north or horizontally north...the picture was sideways shah
good mostly but that 2 a) question was awful. it didnt tell you were north was!

It indeed was awful!!! What did u Write For 2c? The question that related to cbd ?
Reply 33
but was it vertically north or horizontally north...the picture was sideways shah

I looked at it sideways. So north was at top by mountains.
Original post by mjrd
Teacher had warned us not to forget as we would loose 7 marks.

Im gonna contact wjec to see what they say
Original post by Rashmita kalsi
It indeed was awful!!! What did u Write For 2c? The question that related to cbd ?

i wrote about how CBDs like Shrewsbury's are dying due to competition with out of town retail. But CBDs like Cardiffs have ensured a vibrant retailing experience by investing in street furniture, pedestrianisation, sculptures. Also ensuring there are plenty of eateries and entertainment complexes to ensure the whole family come and enjoy themselves for the whole day. bul****ted basically
Reply 36
Im gonna contact wjec to see what they say

Let me know. I did the question but still good to know incase similar thing comes up next year.
What was the question about migration? Could you of used more than one example or not?
Reply 38
Original post by LearnEconomics!
What was the question about migration? Could you of used more than one example or not?

It asked for the impacts of migration on a country or region, one developed example should be sufficient as the question only states or.
Reply 39

It did say that you should refer to the investigation that you have studied, so unfortunately I do think that you would lose some marks as the examiner might not clearly understand your enquiry.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending