The Student Room Group

Exedcel English Literature Of Mice and Men, Animal Farm.

I have my English Literature Prose exam on Monday and I'm not really sure how prepared I feel about it. In all of the mocks I have done for it I have really struggled regarding the timing. Does anyone have any tips I can go about trying to improve it or how they found the exam in the if you've already done it? I was supposed to do the exam last year but everyone in my class' coursework got lost around half way in the year so we didn't have time to do the coursework and preparation for the exam so we were pulled out.
I also have my English Literature Poetry exam on Friday although I'm feeling okay for that.
I have the same exam on Monday. I would recommend that you spend about 45 minutes on each section initially, and then spend your last 15 minutes checking through or adding extra. It's better to have written a shorter, decent answer for both than to spend all of your time on one question. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 2
Keep any eye on the time and just go for it. It's probably the last time ur gonna do it so just put everything u got into this one
Reply 3
Original post by hollieelf99
I have the same exam on Monday. I would recommend that you spend about 45 minutes on each section initially, and then spend your last 15 minutes checking through or adding extra. It's better to have written a shorter, decent answer for both than to spend all of your time on one question. Good luck. :smile:

What if your not good with timing? How would u cope with it?
Reply 4
I did the same two books last year and the only way to be better at timing is by practising under timed conditions until you are comfortable with the timing of the exam.
Original post by Diesell
What if your not good with timing? How would u cope with it?

Make a plan before the exam as to how much you think you'll write for each question and work out how long you can allow yourself for each. If you plan ahead, you might not be as worried about it in the exam :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending