The Student Room Group

Of mice and men/an inspector calls

Any ideas of what will come up in the AQA gcse English lit exam tomorrow??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Summerlight
Any ideas of what will come up in the AQA gcse English lit exam tomorrow??

From looking at past papers in class, in Of mice and men, these are the topics that could come up: George, Lennie, Curley, Carlson, Setting, Tension, American dream, Sympathy and Power.

For An inspector calls: Generation gap, community, Mr Birling, Inspector Goole vs Mr Birling or Family Life.

GOOD LUCK :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by aimee_lockhart
From looking at past papers in class, in Of mice and men, these are the topics that could come up: George, Lennie, Curley, Carlson, Setting, Tension, American dream, Sympathy and Power.

For An inspector calls: Generation gap, community, Mr Birling, Inspector Goole vs Mr Birling or Family Life.

GOOD LUCK :smile:

Thankyou very much!! Good luck to you aswell, I'm very nervous!!:cry2:
Reply 3
My teacher said that it's possible that Curley could appear in the Of Mice and Men question and Mr Birling or the maid in the Inspector Calls question, if they're character based questions :smile:
Its going to be the American Dream
Reply 5
Ok Thankyou everyone also any tips on timing??
Ok Thankyou everyone also any tips on timing??

20 mins on part A Of mice and men
25mins on part B of MIce and men
So overall 45mins with under 5mins planning.

Then Crucible or the text that you've studied is 45mins with under 5mins planning again
We have been told that if you aren't the best at timing you can merge the of mice and men a and b question by doing PETAL, point, evidence, technique, analyse then link to the social historical context and the rest of the novella. If you're doing is do about 40 minutes on both the of mice and men and an inspector calls with about 10 minutes reading time at the end :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aimee_lockhart
We have been told that if you aren't the best at timing you can merge the of mice and men a and b question by doing PETAL, point, evidence, technique, analyse then link to the social historical context and the rest of the novella. If you're doing is do about 40 minutes on both the of mice and men and an inspector calls with about 10 minutes reading time at the end :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say read as you go. But if you're used to doing it like that and you get really good marks then go for it
Reply 9
Original post by DancerGirlA*

Then Crucible or the text that you've studied is 45mins with under 5mins planning again

Thankyou!! This sounds like a really good plan :smile:
Thankyou!! This sounds like a really good plan :smile:

Anything to help. And Good Luck :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Sianyoo
My teacher said that it's possible that Curley could appear in the Of Mice and Men question and Mr Birling or the maid in the Inspector Calls question, if they're character based questions :smile:

Thank you!! but the maid isnt that significant?? yeah my teacher said Mr Birling might come up as well maybe with Eric or Gerald?
Reply 12
I SWEAR TO GOD If gerald comes up.... i will cry
I don't want lennie to come up, worried how I'm going to find quotes in the time?!
I don't want lennie to come up, worried how I'm going to find quotes in the time?!

Just think where he is mostly. First where he's described as being almost animal like. Where he's introduced to the boss. The fight with Curley. When he's talking to crooks and when he's talking to Curley's wife and at the end with George. No matter where in novella you'll find a good quote. You'll be fine :smile:
anyone have any good quotes / points on carlson
Just think where he is mostly. First where he's described as being almost animal like. Where he's introduced to the boss. The fight with Curley. When he's talking to crooks and when he's talking to Curley's wife and at the end with George. No matter where in novella you'll find a good quote. You'll be fine :smile:

Ah yeah that's good point think I'm just panicking I have read the books a lot so should know the order

The exam is 90 minutes in total, spend 45 mins on each section. (there are 2 sections)
Original post by shoriffmiah
The exam is 90 minutes in total, spend 45 mins on each section. (there are 2 sections)

That's exactly what I said....
i think Curley and Mr Birling seem to predictable though, so I'm not sure :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending