The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
I think the current flowed from Y to C2 even though the electron flow was in the reverse direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I'm now more confused than I was in the exam. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. It's an equal split of opinion amongst my friends and classmates.

Once you have the MS it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I can't make my mind up which I believe - I certainly don't think what I put was correct reasoning, even if I did tick the right box by fluke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
All three options make sense to me. I don't dismiss any of them because all arguments have convincingly "correct" supporting evidence.

I wasn't sure if it meant the instant that V2 was at a max or just after.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I definitely agree with you, all of then can be justified as the correct answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CD223
Lol I'm now more confused than I was in the exam. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. It's an equal split of opinion amongst my friends and classmates.

Once you have the MS it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I can't make my mind up which I believe - I certainly don't think what I put was correct reasoning, even if I did tick the right box by fluke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, even I didn't know what i was doing during the exam and i realised it just a while ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
phya4 boundaries.png and unit four grade boundaries :smile:
Reply 1584
Yeah, even I didn't know what i was doing during the exam and i realised it just a while ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. How come you have access to you MS by the way - do your teachers let you?

Wish mine did :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1585
Original post by Lau14
phya4 boundaries.png and unit four grade boundaries :smile:

Merci!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Haha. How come you have access to you MS by the way - do your teachers let you?

Wish mine did :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, a friend of mine has access to them and so he gives me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1587
I can understand you. In such a case the answer is already suggested to you, you only need to explain that. Which part of the first question did you have difficulty with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was this part!!
Reply 1588
No, a friend of mine has access to them and so he gives me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool - it'd be interesting to see what the answers to the obscure questions were. Like how a thinner match stick would change the graph haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
[br]E=12CV2[br][br]E =\dfrac{1}{2} CV^2[br]

As the capacitor stores half the energy supplied by the battery.

[br]P=ΔEΔt[br][br]P =\dfrac{\Delta E}{\Delta t}[br]

[br]P=CV22Δt[br][br]\Rightarrow P=\dfrac{CV^2}{2 \Delta t}[br]

Hmm that definitely makes sense, but then what is wrong with my derivation of P=CV^2/t?
Original post by CD223
That's cool - it'd be interesting to see what the answers to the obscure questions were. Like how a thinner match stick would change the graph haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah true. I think there was a similar question to that in EMPA june 14. I wrote the gradient is unaffected and only the Y intercept increases. And you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1591
Original post by Somniare
Hmm that definitely makes sense, but then what is wrong with my derivation of P=CV^2/t?

The capacitor stores half the energy of the supply. Your derivation assumes all the energy from the supply is stored by the capacitor, which isn't the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1592
Yeah true. I think there was a similar question to that in EMPA june 14. I wrote the gradient is unaffected and only the Y intercept increases. And you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again, not confident in my answer. I said the gradient of yy against 1x\frac{1}{x} would increase.

That paper didn't go well in my opinion, although there's not much I can do now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
The capacitor stores half the energy of the supply. Your derivation assumes all the energy from the supply is stored by the capacitor, which isn't the case.

Ah of course, thank you!
Original post by CD223
Again, not confident in my answer. I said the gradient of yy against 1x\frac{1}{x} would increase.

That paper didn't go well in my opinion, although there's not much I can do now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither am i. What was x again, sorry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone put for the last question on the EMPA?
Reply 1596
Original post by Somniare
Ah of course, thank you!

No problem! How's your revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1597
Neither am i. What was x again, sorry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a glass film of water of height y and width x.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sam_97

I did a very careless mistake when i had to divide sum of the uncertainties by the total of the values of R if it was, and then work out the half of that percentage uncertainty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1599
Original post by sam_97

Is that the one with the water rising in a very thin tube?

I calculated:

The internal radius:
r=1.36×103mr = 1.36 \times 10^{-3}m

The % uncertainty in internal radius r = 2.97%

You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending