The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Relationships Poetry 22nd May

So what poems do you think will come up? It won't be nettles for the part a question as it came up last year, and my teacher is saying how My Last Duchess or Sonnet 116 might come up but what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by disputant
So what poems do you think will come up? It won't be nettles for the part a question as it came up last year, and my teacher is saying how My Last Duchess or Sonnet 116 might come up but what do you think?

Part 'a' is unseen right? Then we get the comparing two relationships poems in part 'b'?
yeah, The tyger is the only poem not to have come up since 2012. so id put my bets on that?
Reply 3
I don't think 04/01/07 will come up this year either
Reply 4

It's really unpredictable what poems won't come up. Nettles came up last year and the year before that so don't think it will be that one.
Reply 5
hello do any of you know which poem to compare each poem with?
Reply 6
Original post by 12284
hello do any of you know which poem to compare each poem with?

You can chose a poem to compare with or compare with the one they give you
Praying for my last duchess or sonnet 116, they're the only two poems with heaps of info online (Mr bruff tho)
Reply 8
Original post by Charlottemulcahy
Praying for my last duchess or sonnet 116, they're the only two poems with heaps of info online (Mr bruff tho)

So the comparasion might be the last duchess or sonnet 116? what about the unseen
Reply 9
Original post by HassanKK
So the comparasion might be the last duchess or sonnet 116? what about the unseen

No he doesn't mean they will be on the test, we don't know what will be on the test. No one knows what the unseen will be either, we will just have to see tomorrow
Reply 10

I like my last duchess, but sonnet 116- big no
Reply 11
watch dominic salles youtube vid on war photographer, i found that really helpful
You should watch Mr bruff's video on YouTube if you're struggling (I was until I watched it)
does anyone have notes for the poems??
I've got my essay plans typed up if you want? Not sure if they'd make sense?
I've got my essay plans typed up if you want? Not sure if they'd make sense?

Can i please have them
Reply 16
QUOTE=richardkeys;56092077]does anyone have notes for the poems??

I think it is the tiger as well. There is so much to write about it. The poem begins with the speaker asking a fearsome tiger what kind of divine being could have created it: “What immortal hand or eye/ Could frame they fearful symmetry?” Each subsequent stanza contains further questions, all of which refine this first one. From what part of the cosmos could the tiger’s fiery eyes have come, and who would have dared to handle that fire? What sort of physical presence, and what kind of dark craftsmanship, would have been required to “twist the sinews” of the tiger’s heart? The speaker wonders how, once that horrible heart “began to beat,” its creator would have had the courage to continue the job. Comparing the creator to a blacksmith, he ponders about the anvil and the furnace that the project would have required and the smith who could have wielded them. And when the job was done, the speaker wonders, how would the creator have felt? “Did he smile his work to see?” Could this possibly be the same being who made the lamb? It is also written in the time of the industrial revolution. It show how good cannot exist without evil. The tiger and the lamb.
You can chose a poem to compare with or compare with the one they give you

I think they only give you the option of comparing a poem of your choice to one that they give you this year
Reply 18
For last minute revision, I recommend 'Miss Lindsay' on YouTube as she annotates the relationship poems very well and the ideas are good and easy to remember!
Reply 19
Hi. What structure will you be using for the 2 poems tomorrow? So in terms of how many paragraphs/the technique you'll be using I.e. PEE - Point Evidence Explain

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending