The Student Room Group

Law unit 1 exam 22 may

heyyy

Anyone doing law unit1 ? anyone know what it is likely to come up ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by valerie123
heyyy

Hey, police powers tend to come up every year and legal profession, sentencing, young offenders, appeals and pre trial procedures (bail, mode of trial etc) are also common in several past papers
Original post by valerie123
heyyy

If you're doing OCR then this thread should help! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3170021
If you're doing AQA then statutory instruments might come up.
Doing unit 1 tomorrow, here's what my teacher thought was likely to come up:

Parliamentary supremacy + limitations
House of Commons PLM plus supremacy
Advantages or disadvantages of Parliamentary Law Making (not both)
Judicial control (Parliamentary came up last year)
Tribunals (though I hope not, I hate them)
A scenario question with either arbitration or mediation

Not comprehensive, and quite possibly all wrong, but those are our predictions.
Original post by Mactotaur
Doing unit 1 tomorrow, here's what my teacher thought was likely to come up:

Parliamentary supremacy + limitations
House of Commons PLM plus supremacy
Advantages or disadvantages of Parliamentary Law Making (not both)
Judicial control (Parliamentary came up last year)
Tribunals (though I hope not, I hate them)
A scenario question with either arbitration or mediation

Not comprehensive, and quite possibly all wrong, but those are our predictions.

Never seen a scenario question with arbitration? What do tou mean by House of Commons plm?
Original post by SunDun111
Never seen a scenario question with arbitration? What do tou mean by House of Commons plm?

PLM = Parliamentary Law Making, i.e. the lawmaking process (bill) in the House of Commons.
PLM = Parliamentary Law Making, i.e. the lawmaking process (bill) in the House of Commons.

Or if it said in House of Commons would I mention lords amendments?
Or if it said in House of Commons would I mention lords amendments?

As in the one year rule? Yes. Also how financial bills can only start there, the committee stage has ~16 MPs as opposed to the entire House of Lords, etc.
As in the one year rule? Yes. Also how financial bills can only start there, the committee stage has ~16 MPs as opposed to the entire House of Lords, etc.

Ok do you think they will ask us a specific question on a influence of parliament e.g. Media because I've only learned law commission and pressure groups
Ok do you think they will ask us a specific question on a influence of parliament e.g. Media because I've only learned law commission and pressure groups

Learn all three - political parties are technically on the spec but have never come up before. I think Law Commission will be the one to come up this time.
I'm in Year 13 and resitting Unit 1 since I got an A in Unit 2 and a D in Unit 1 last year. I'm fine with Delegated Legislation + Civil Courts and ADR but Parliamentary Law Making is just not setting into my mind. I find this particular topic so boring it's off-putting for me. :frown:
Learn all three - political parties are technically on the spec but have never come up before. I think Law Commission will be the one to come up this time.

Ok and I personally don't think they is enuf info to write about political parties.
Ok and I personally don't think they is enuf info to write about political parties.

Neither does my class - they've never done a question on it before.

If they do, talk about the main parties and the role of the Opposition. Perhaps link pressure groups in with lobbying.
Neither does my class - they've never done a question on it before.

If they do, talk about the main parties and the role of the Opposition. Perhaps link pressure groups in with lobbying.

Ok, I am nervous media will come up it usually says pick an influence hope aqa are nice haha you doing ADR?
When can you appeal to Court of Appeal and Supreme Court? (Criminal Court and Lay People)
Ok, I am nervous media will come up it usually says pick an influence hope aqa are nice haha you doing ADR?

Doing Parliamentary Law Making, Civil Courts + ADR, and Delegated Legislation.
Doing Parliamentary Law Making, Civil Courts + ADR, and Delegated Legislation.

Kk
Kk

You?
Don't worry guys you'll probably get to pick an influence like last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending