The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

good luck guys!!
Reply 181
Hey guys, quick question about doing second order differentials:

When you're working out the complimentary function, and you're left with an answer that can be written like ex[Acos(x)+Bsin(x)]e^{x}[A\text{cos}(x) + B\text{sin}(x)] does it actually matter if you write an "ii" after the B? (e.g. ex[Acos(x)+Bisin(x)]e^{x}[A\text{cos}(x) + Bi\text{sin}(x)]). I did it by accident while practicing and I'm unsure whether I'd get the marks.
Original post by Pholl
Hey guys, quick question about doing second order differentials:

When you're working out the complimentary function, and you're left with an answer that can be written like ex[Acos(x)+Bsin(x)]e^{x}[A\text{cos}(x) + B\text{sin}(x)] does it actually matter if you write an "ii" after the B? (e.g. ex[Acos(x)+Bisin(x)]e^{x}[A\text{cos}(x) + Bi\text{sin}(x)]). I did it by accident while practicing and I'm unsure whether I'd get the marks.

Probably lose like one for accuracy slip, surely no more than two
Are there any key areas I should focus on tonight?
Original post by nayilgervinho
Are there any key areas I should focus on tonight?

Polar coordinates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Probably lose like one for accuracy slip, surely no more than two

Hmm. But, unless I'm missing something, if ii is a constant, and BB is a constant, then surely an answer of "BiBi" wouldn't technically be wrong, it would just be adding an unnecessary value to the answer that could be included with the constant. So are you saying the marks would be lost for not writing the answer in its simplest form?

(Either way, for tomorrow's exam I'll be sure to remember to not add the i :wink:)
Original post by Pholl
Hmm. But, unless I'm missing something, if ii is a constant, and BB is a constant, then surely an answer of "BiBi" wouldn't technically be wrong, it would just be adding an unnecessary value to the answer that could be included with the constant. So are you saying the marks would be lost for not writing the answer in its simplest form?

(Either way, for tomorrow's exam I'll be sure to remember to not add the i :wink:)

i is imaginary. It's wrong, because it should a real constant, not an imaginary one.
Reply 187
Original post by Alex:
i is imaginary. It's wrong, because it should a real constant, not an imaginary one.

Ah. Gotcha. That makes sense, thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by Pholl

Have you even done FP1 lol, i is not real lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Original post by physicsmaths
Have you even done FP1 lol, i is not real lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never said it was. Just didn't consider the fact that the constants A and B have to be real.
I can't even do most of TeeEm's four star questions...what realistic chance do you think I have of getting an A?
Original post by jf1994
I can't even do most of TeeEm's four star questions...what realistic chance do you think I have of getting an A?

How have you been doing in normal papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How have you been doing in normal papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mostly A's, couple of A*'s, but I'm just concerned that those results may not be reliable because of reusing the few past papers that there are.
Original post by jf1994
Mostly A's, couple of A*'s, but I'm just concerned that those results may not be reliable because of reusing the few past papers that there are.

No point getting worried now. Just chill now and do a few questions. Good luck bro! Stay calm, it is very important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No point getting worried now. Just chill now and do a few questions. Good luck bro! Stay calm, it is very important.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so, and best of luck to you too :smile:
FP2 papers don't tend to throw awkward stuff at you, thus, the main difficulty is algebraic slog.

Routinely check questions, make sure your algebra is sound, use your calculator to check questions, do the question multiple times.
Reply 196
Where can I find TeeEm's questions?
Reply 197
Any last min advice? Good luck everyone! What are you all doing tonight on the night before the exam? I'm not sure whether to call it a night with revision or not
Original post by imyimy
Any last min advice? Good luck everyone! What are you all doing tonight on the night before the exam? I'm not sure whether to call it a night with revision or not

Call it a night i would, being fresh is much then doing a few more questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Praying for a kind transformations question :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending