The Student Room Group

OCR S2 (non-mei)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone remember Q7 (ii) by any chance? ie the actual question. I don't really remember any of it :confused:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by Archer61
Substituting -a into x^4 gives you -a*-a*-a*-a giving you positive a^4.

Also anyone remember how many marks question 3 was worth?

Oh of course! Thank you i get it! How many marks do you reckon i lost for this? 2?
Original post by AMDD
why would it not be (1/2a^3)*((1/4)a^4- - (1/4)a^4) inside the brackets which is where i seem to have gone wrong

because (-a)^4 is just a^4 so it would be (1/2a^3)*((1/4)a^4 - +(1/4)a^4)
In the variance calculations you have (-a)^5 which gives you -a^5 because of the odd power but in the E(X) you have an even.
Original post by Archer61
Substituting -a into x^4 gives you -a*-a*-a*-a giving you positive a^4.

Also anyone remember how many marks question 3 was worth?

4+5+1 marks I think. Either 10 or 11
does anyone remember the order of accept/reject answers? wasn't able to store those numerical values onto my calculator, but I think I ended up getting something like accept, reject, accept?
Original post by ResultInExcellence
does anyone remember the order of accept/reject answers? wasn't able to store those numerical values onto my calculator, but I think I ended up getting something like accept, reject, accept?

the one involving the doctor was reject. the doctor was correct to say the mean has changed.

the others were accepts i think, hope this helps

I assume you're talking about Q8 (ii)? If so I think all you need to do was model it using a binomial distribution

EDIT: Nvm, misinterpreted your post :tongue:
Does anyone know how to answer question 4???!!!! I thought it was impossible :frown:
Original post by tokopoko
the one involving the doctor was reject. the doctor was correct to say the mean has changed.

the others were accepts i think, hope this helps

Yeah, I remember that one being reject as well. Well this seems to match so hopefully those are all correct!
Original post by lllllllllll
I assume you're talking about Q8 (ii)? If so I think all you need to do was model it using a binomial distribution

EDIT: Nvm, misinterpreted your post :tongue:

Aha sorry, to be fair, I did phrase it very badly, but couldn't think of a better way of doing so xD
Reply 110
pretty sure the probability is 0.6533 for 8ii), quite a few of my class got that, using different methods as well! Did anyone else get that?
Reply 111
What will be the grade boundary for an A this year do you think?
Original post by lllllllllll
I think the continuity correction had to be -0.5 since we were finding P(X<x)

I'm like 80% sure it was less than or equal to, not just less than.
Does anyone remember what they wrote for that 1 marker along the lines of whether it was necessary to have assumed that it was normally distributed?
Reply 114
Original post by AMDD
What will be the grade boundary for an A this year do you think?

i rekon itll be a=61 b=54 c=48 d=42 e=36 at a guess
* 8 ii) in full from memory* (checking my answer so might as well post it here)

Find probability that out of 4 tests at least 1 results in a Type 2 error. Probability of p=0.3 or 0.5 or 0.7 is 1/3.

P(type 2 when p=0.3) = 0
P(type 2 when p=0.5) = 0.6047 (using tables) NB (from part i) we know critical region X >= 8
P(type 2 when p=0.7) = 0.0933 (using tables)

P(Type 2 error) = 1/3 x 0.6047 + 1/3 x 0.0933 = 0.23267

B(4 , 0.23267)
P(X at least 1) = 1 - P(X=0) = 1 - (1 - 0.23267)^4

Ans = 0.6533
Original post by irbif
i rekon itll be a=61 b=54 c=48 d=42 e=36 at a guess

I think it'll be lower than that maybe 57 or 58 for an A - it was 59 last year and I'd say this paper was harder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I think it'll be lower than that maybe 57 or 58 for an A - it was 59 last year and I'd say this paper was harder

Posted from TSR Mobile

ive got a feeling its gonna be high, thought with a lot of hypothesis testing will mean people will pick up a lot of marks
Does anyone remember what they wrote for that 1 marker along the lines of whether it was necessary to have assumed that it was normally distributed?

n was large so central limit theorem applied
Hmmm, but then again a lot of people completely skipped out Q4 (10 marks) and Q8ii (5 marks)
Original post by irbif
ive got a feeling its gonna be high, thought with a lot of hypothesis testing will mean people will pick up a lot of marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending