The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

integrate xe^(x^2+1)
Original post by SOREN_TORETTO
integrate xe^(x^2+1)

Two ways of doing this - by reverse chain rule (inspection) or by substitution of x^2 + 1.

Inspection should be easiest.
Original post by SOREN_TORETTO
integrate xe^(x^2+1)

Pull 1/2 outside the integral and do by inspection.
Is 8 past papers sufficient practice for C4 exam?

I plan on doing Jan 12, June 12, Jan 13, June 13, June 13(R), June 14, June 14(R), Jan 15 IAL.

An A grade on this exam makes or breaks my uni offer :frown:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

I plan on doing Jan 12, June 12, Jan 13, June 13, June 13(R), June 14, June 14(R), Jan 15 IAL.

Yes, do the June IAL's aswell also jan 14 IAL. Basically di all the IAL and R papers Abd a few uk papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Just do all the past papers from 2008 onwards. That's what I'm going to do, the day before the exam.
I've barely learnt anything from c4 this year, anyone recommend good revision material to learn from? I plan on doing lots of past papers but need something to actually learn the course from first lol
Original post by curtiscowan10
I've barely learnt anything from c4 this year, anyone recommend good revision material to learn from? I plan on doing lots of past papers but need something to actually learn the course from first lol

The book is really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
core maths for advanced level by l bostock the book is old but better than those new books those books made me hate maths :frown:
Hi guys, can I know what time is the C4 paper?
Reply 790
Afternoon for me so officially half 1 but sometimes we start earlier if everyone's there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone explain why the integral of 1/(3-x) is -ln(3-x) whilst the integral of 12/(3-x) is -12ln(x-3) ???
Like why does what's inside the bracket change?
hey guys, can someone explain to me this whole avg of 90% business in c3 and c4 for an A grade i keep noticing people mention... does this mean if i got a c overall for AS , and i get and avg of 90% in c4 and c3 ill get an A grade?

thanks in advance! :smile:
Original post by wonderkid14
hey guys, can someone explain to me this whole avg of 90% business in c3 and c4 for an A grade i keep noticing people mention... does this mean if i got a c overall for AS , and i get and avg of 90% in c4 and c3 ill get an A grade?

thanks in advance! :smile:

I was told that you need to achieve 480 ums for an A and 90% in c3/c4 + an A at AS to achieve an A*
Original post by Leking9
I was told that you need to achieve 480 ums for an A and 90% in c3/c4 + an A at AS to achieve an A*

You don't need an A at as, you need an A (480/600 UMS) overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
You don't need an A at as, you need an A (480/600 UMS) overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So someone could average 75 between C1, C2, S1 and S2 but average 90 on C3 and C4 and still manage to get an A*? Amazing
Original post by Leking9
So someone could average 75 between C1, C2, S1 and S2 but average 90 on C3 and C4 and still manage to get an A*? Amazing

Yh

Posted from TSR Mobile
is it worth doing c3 solomon papers
Reply 798
Original post by member1234
is it worth doing c3 solomon papers

I find Solomon papers degrading and demotivating as they're unnecessarily hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I pretty much hate C4. I get 90+ no problem in c3 past papers all the time but in c4 im getting Bs all the time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending