The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433879209.878858.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1433879218.326958.jpg

Don't understand this 😂😭😭😭😭😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I think the hardest part of the question is getting round the kWh thing but that's just a unit of Energy (E = Pt). If you convert this unit to make it Kilowatt-seconds, you can just use your previous answer to work out the cost.

Hope this helps.
Whip out the coffee lads!! We've got 36 hours to jamjamjam

P.S it sound like I'm a lost soul but I've been through PHY4 thoroughly about 5 days ago but had other exams up until now :smile: #TeamPreparedToNotBePrepared
Original post by gcsestuff
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433879209.878858.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1433879218.326958.jpg

Don't understand this 😂😭😭😭😭😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you're looking at the right part of the markscheme for that question :wink:
Original post by thedon96
Hey I think the hardest part of the question is getting round the kWh thing but that's just a unit of Energy (E = Pt). If you convert this unit to make it Kilowatt-seconds, you can just use your previous answer to work out the cost.

Hope this helps.

Totally does just worked it out cheers!

Just divide by 60 twice. THanks!"
Reply 3145
Original post by Lau14
Thanks! (I think this is legitimately the worst cold I've ever had though why). At least core 4 boundaries are usually really low, and you did so well on core 3 it'll probably balance out alright :smile:

Thanks for the reassurance. Core 3 was brilliant but Core 4 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3146
Original post by NEWT0N
But why does it happen when mv^2/r=mg? >:O
(first post here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3047347&page=160 )

When an object is weightless it's reaction force equals zero, leaving its weight equal to the centripetal force :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3147
Any suggestions on possible six markee this year?
Original post by Kennethm
I cannot fxcking believe im asking this - how on earth do you do Q3
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA41-QP-JUN14.PDF

mass= 1000 x 2x10^-4=0.2
v= 2x10-4/7.2x10^-4 = 5/18

mv = 0.2 x 5/18 =>> 5.55... x10^-2 => 5.6x10^-2 so B.
Reply 3149
Original post by NEWT0N
Lifesaver, thanks so much! (EDIT: I owe you a +rep tomorrow, rep limit reached for today)

Lol, I saved Newton? Have I won PHYA4? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Thanks for the reassurance. Core 3 was brilliant but Core 4 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know if you're aware or not but the unofficial mark scheme for Edexcel board is always uploaded a few hours after the exam by Arsey but it seems that he's hasn't finished the paper yet.

Edit: just realised you're not on edexcel exam board otherwise you would have your exam on the same day as me

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3151
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
I don't know if you're aware or not but the unofficial mark scheme for Edexcel board is always uploaded a few hours after the exam by Arsey but it seems that he's hasn't finished the paper yet.

Edit: just realised you're not on edexcel exam board otherwise you would have your exam on the same day as me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I do AQA :frown: I made the unofficial mark scheme for the Core 3 and Core 4 exams. Core 3 went well as I got most the answers but core 4 was disastrous so I didn't get all of the answers I wrote in the mark scheme a had to rely on others :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3152
Original post by CD223
Ah I do AQA :frown: I made the unofficial mark scheme for the Core 3 and Core 4 exams. Core 3 went well as I got most the answers but core 4 was disastrous so I didn't get all of the answers I wrote in the mark scheme a had to rely on others :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did m2 today

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433881188.621029.jpg

Does someone mind explaining this? The answer is C but i have no idea why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's alright man. It's not healthy having emotions for it now. Have an orange juice or something and be relax, serious :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3155
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
It's alright man. It's not healthy having emotions for it now. Have an orange juice or something and be relax, serious :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Appreciate the words! Gonna channel the anger into PHYA4 revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Klaxoii
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433881188.621029.jpg

Does someone mind explaining this? The answer is C but i have no idea why

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it cannot be A because gravity is always attractive( at least to what we know)

Cannot be B because if the gravitational field at the surface of the earth was zero we would be floating. Or the fact the earth has mass cannot have a zero field strength at its surface

It's C and The proof of that is in the book

It's not D because potential is work done per unit mass so it must be J/kg
once you are confident that you know which one is correct leave the rest but have a glance at them

Edit: typing error

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CD223
Appreciate the words! Gonna channel the anger into PHYA4 revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's cool man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending