The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Can someone explain 2bii of Jan 2013 please?

I looked at the markscheme but still do't understand.
Reply 981
Original post by Devran22
Where did you get the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go back a few pages, somebody posted it
Original post by Jmw123
Go back a few pages, somebody posted it

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 983
Original post by ashy97
Hey, what's the experiment for shm?

SHM from mark scheme
Original post by Jmw123
feeling confident about this exam now. What is likely to come up?

Things from the newtonian world specification
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by saeed97
Things from the newtonian world specification

HAAHAHA, you are funny
(edited 8 years ago)

Here is the question hardest it can get tbh
Has anyone seen a questions where they want us to explain that the period of an object with simple harmonic motion is independent of its amplitude?

Would using T= 2π√(m/k) be acceptable?
Or do we need to equate F=ma and F=kx and go from there?
How can they over complicate SHM? Any weird questions they could ask?
Does anyone have the mark scheme uses of geostationary satellites? Is it telecommunications? I feel like that's wrong
For those who get confused by SHM directions!

In SHM; when velocity is positive it's moving away from the midpoint this velocity +/- is decided by directionality of displacement (away is -a hence +x, so +v).

EDIT: This is how one figures out the exchange of energy from potential to kinetic.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MathsAddict
Here is the question hardest it can get tbh

And the answers? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Does anyone have the mark scheme uses of geostationary satellites? Is it telecommunications? I feel like that's wrong

That and they accept Spy and weather as well
what is everyones weakest unit?
What conclusions about the motion of air molecules can be made directly from the smoke particle motion experiment?

I know that "they are moving" and "they move randomly" are acceptable, but if it was a 2 or 3 mark question, then I'd be unsure... are: "they have a range of velocities" and "they are much smaller than the smoke particles" conclusions that can be made directly?
a080762c65b639a98ec321f04bd831be.pngCould anyone please enlighten me on this? Thanks!
Original post by Exaltation
And the answers? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

answer for
A) 2.15ms-1
B) 4.6NS
C) 4.6m
Original post by Ayjayroo
a080762c65b639a98ec321f04bd831be.pngCould anyone please enlighten me on this? Thanks!

you combine all the formulas of a cirlce show me your workings
Reply 998
Original post by RTGSD
Can someone explain 2bii of Jan 2013 please?

I looked at the markscheme but still do't understand.

I remember this disgusting question.
Ok so basically, you know that it takes a picture of 3000km width.
You know the earth is spinning and its orbiting around the poles, so lets say it takes a picture of 3000km per orbit, you find the total distance to be covered = the circumference of earth = (2 x pi x r) (remember r being the radius of the earth not of the orbit, because it says its taking a picture of 3000km of the earth) so yeah distance needed to cover = 2 x pi x r and the distance covered by orbit is 3000km
divide total distance by distance covered per orbit to work out the number of orbits, which you get 13.4 and 14 is needed to cover it all, so it cant do it in 24 hours.
But I don't get the each orbit crosses the equator twice part because to me that means that it should take half the time but yeah I just explained what I understood.

anyone else want to help out?
Original post by Ayjayroo

equate f = mv^2/r and f = GMm/r^2 and then sub v = 2pir/T in for the v term. then just rearrange :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending