OCR PHYSICS B G494~ 11th June 2015 AM ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mutleybm1996
which paper?
how are you feeling about this exam?
any advice/tips?

June 2014.

Confident.

Advice/tips - remember the three points for all wordy BF questions and, actually, for all the energy/speed/ideal gas wordy questions - there will always be at least 1.
Been getting ~80% in past papers 2006-2014, but I know OCR will have something nasty in store for tomorrow so >_>
Original post by DomStaff
June 2014.

Confident.

Advice/tips - remember the three points for all wordy BF questions and, actually, for all the energy/speed/ideal gas wordy questions - there will always be at least 1.

what are the "three points"?
Original post by DomStaff
June 2014.

Confident.

what's 1/e? what's e?
what's 1/e? what's e?

e is the base of the natural logarithm.
Reply 65
what's 1/e? what's e?

1/e is about 0.37. So basically you can say that the time constant is the time taken for the current to fall to 37% of its initial value. e is just a special number that occurs in exponential relationships its about 2.718 to 4 sf.
Original post by lizard54142
e is the base of the natural logarithm.

oh!
Yes I do maths so I know all about e, i thought it was referring to the charge on an electron and just thought "what?!"

with the graph, why is it everything to the right, i thought it was everything between R and D

and for the proof, can someone quickly explain what happens between the two highlighted lines? I'm quite a confident mathematician but it's bugging me as I keep ending up with ln(-lambdaN0) and you can't take logs of a negative number...

with the graph, why is it everything to the right, i thought it was everything between R and D

It's everything to the right as potential is from infinity to a point so its from D to infinity.
Original post by will_iredale
It's everything to the right as potential is from infinity to a point so its from D to infinity.

cheers

what about the second part?:smile:
can someone briefly run through the highlighted lines? I didn't think you could take logs of a negative -lambdaN0???
cheers

what about the second part?:smile:

I'm not entirely sure about the negative but i believe it's because -lamdaN0 is a constant so i just replaced it with C, took logs then put it back in at the end.
can someone briefly run through the highlighted lines? I didn't think you could take logs of a negative -lambdaN0???

You could consider it as lnλN0ln| \lambda N_0 |, which is just an arbitrary constant, which they have called CC
Say you have gamma and the time taken for observers on Earth
How do you calculate the time taken for observers on a spacecraft?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Multiply it by gamma I think.

Good luck for today everyone - I can usually hit an A* on these papers but OCR have a habit of screwing us over so who knows what will happen...
Reply 74
What was the equipotential q?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else get 2.7x10^8?
Also I think it went okay....few mistakes but not too bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tpanesar
What was the equipotential q?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the one that looked like boobs :wink:
Was considering going for the vertical line though

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 77
Was this one easier than last years?
Original post by STATER
Was this one easier than last years?