The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

how does theta = arcsinx turn to x=sin theta?
Original post by Freddy-Francis
lol. same. Just destroyed my happiness :s-smilie:

I was like wtf.

Guys any recommended papers?

edexcel gold paper (g4 - hardest of all the past q's in one paper) otherwise the june&jan 13 are good practice too
Original post by BioAgent

What? Just sin both sides
Original post by Gome44
What? Just sin both sides

I'm sure he was just joking lol. I hope so..
Original post by JizzaStanger
set the two functions equal to each other to get an equation for their points of intersection. It should be a quadratic in x. Since they curves are tangential, you know this equation only has one solution. This means the discriminant of the equation is zero. You'll then get an equation you can solve for k.

I don't understand what you mean here?
Original post by Freddy-Francis
June 2014 R paper is disgusting :redface:

Original post by kajo
Just did that paper, even looking at the mark scheme I couldn't work out what I'd done wrong with some of the questions

I just did that paper and got full marks.

Spoiler

Reply 1866
so, we still need to remember previous integration stuff from C2 and C1 - like area under a curve? we just didn't need to learn anything new?
Original post by MrBowcat
I just did that paper and got full marks.

Spoiler

lol xD
Original post by Nurishment
I'm sure he was just joking lol. I hope so..

Ah, you never know with some people. Someone on the m2 forum said they didn't know what limiting friction was...
Guys any tips?
Anyone got any ridiculously hard c3 questions I can have a go at? (which aren't from real past papers, since I've done them all too many times now xD, espcially June 13...)
Original post by s.c.a1
edexcel gold paper (g4 - hardest of all the past q's in one paper) otherwise the june&jan 13 are good practice too

g4 was easy! just than june 13 question ugh question 3
Original post by JizzaStanger
set the two functions equal to each other to get an equation for their points of intersection. It should be a quadratic in x. Since they curves are tangential, you know this equation only has one solution. This means the discriminant of the equation is zero. You'll then get an equation you can solve for k.

What paper is this from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1873
Original post by BioAgent

I think it is easier to look at it like this:
sin(theta) = x
theta = sin^-1(x)
theta = arcsin(x)
Reply 1874
Original post by toddle1
Has anyone got an easy way to remember transforming graphs? Like what to do when it's af(x) or f(ax)

Inside the brackets changes the x coordinates and does the opposite of what you expect. Eg. f(2x) you divide by 2, f(x+3) you move left 3.
Outside the brackets changes the y coordinates and does what you expect it do to. Eg. 2f(x) the y coordinates multiply by 2, f(x) + 3 you move up 3.
Original post by mb_12
I think it is easier to look at it like this:
sin(theta) = x
theta = sin^-1(x)
theta = arcsin(x)

Please dont tell me we have to learn those weird arc cos,sin, tan graphs....
Original post by lightningdoritos
I don't understand what you mean here?

I'm not sure this is correct, the tangent will intersect the curve in 2 places. You know a and k are postive, so you know the tangent is on the -f(x) side (just imagine the graph). Differentiate and do it normally :smile:
Original post by Viggi
so, we still need to remember previous integration stuff from C2 and C1 - like area under a curve? we just didn't need to learn anything new?

have you even revised for this exam?!
no integration at all!
Original post by suyoof123
Please dont tell me we have to learn those weird arc cos,sin, tan graphs....

You do
Reply 1879
Anyone think the paper tomorrow will be as disgusting as last year's paper? It was literally the worst paper I think I've done.

Latest

Trending

Trending