The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Last question, was it increasing or decreasing?
Original post by emu_neutrino
didnt it say after that, why does g(x) not have an inverse? and how did you manage to work out an inverse for that, it was a very messy function. since it said hence in part b, i put g'(x) =0 and found the x coordinates of the turning points then used these to find the y values which had e in them, the graph had two turning points which is why i did that. also the hint from the previous q to use g'(x).

What x coordinates did you get ?
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
Absolutely increasing function

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got confused on that by the negative constant and so have got the answer wrong (thought it decreased, tending to 1, rather than increased tending to one).
Original post by MelonKuma
Pretty sure that x was 2 and 0.5

Absolutely correct but u had to put it in y

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cmfunk
Guys for the coordinates of A with the question with pie/2, did we have to give the coordinates as exact. I gave it as a decimal.

It definitely didn't say it had to be exact so I gave it as something like (0, 1.something) so surely they have to accept that? It would have taken much longer to get an exact answer.
June 2013 was much easier imo compared to this one. I couldn't solve certain questions that pissed me off i had over 34 mins to dwell on parts of 3 different questions.
Original post by Isymega
Guys why couldn't you do the inverse of the function??!!??

I done the same thing! Tried for 20 minutes and then realised it was asking for diffentiation not inverse aha 😂
How did I get fx equaled something that factorised to (6x-4)(x-1)? Anyone else get something similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiggingLake
I got confused on that by the negative constant and so have got the answer wrong (thought it decreased, tending to 1, rather than increased tending to one).

I sketched mine it was increasing

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was pretty challenging but I think I managed to do most of it ok except for the trig identity which I got stuck on.
Original post by manlikem
How the exam was? Let me tell you..
Halfway through that exam I checked the front to make sure it was actually c3.

dude how do i upvote this
Original post by isherwood22
An asymptote isn't necessarily something that it doesn't pass through - lines can intersect asymptotes so y=5 was still an asymptote as it tended towards that in the negative bit

oops, someone already said that!

An asymptote is defined as a straight line that a curve approaches but never touches.

The curve in this case was the mod of an exponential function

Clearly the curve crosses y=5 so it is not an asymptote
Damn that was tough.
This is no joke, I soiled my pants when I saw question 8. It was really awkward as people could smell it but didn't know it was me
Original post by scales1996
Knew I should've done English... :frown:

english is probably harder if not one of the hardest a levels man, maths is one of the easiest when you get into the thought process and flow of things
Original post by dandroff
its decreasing isnt it ? because it goes up but then goes back down ?

k was negative, meaning if you subbed a negative number into the numerator and denominator of the gradient function, they would always be positive. So gradient always positive, and the function is increasing.
Original post by Mishy96
I got 3.1 and 13.9..

I guess i got 13.9! Lost all my energy after i got stuck on the trig ques
Here is my answer, in random order th
2p/1-p^2,1/(1-p square)^1/2, (p+1)/1-p
Ln7/2,ln3/2
51.8,-25.3
K>33/8
Coordinate=( 0,pi/3)
93 sec
-4e^-4<y<1/e something
Fx Decreasing
65/75 for an A*?
I'm not sure man, but I got a y coordinate being massive... Because the gradient of the line was 24pie for me... Did you get same?

Latest

Trending

Trending