The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by big fat poo
Also guys, for the asymptotes I got 2? y=-5 and y=5? :s-smilie:

me too because its modulus on the x axis
Original post by rory58824
There wasn't a question 10 was there? Only 9 questions?

there were 21 quesions
Reply 2642
Original post by STATER
Did someone say no asymptotes? LOL
"If a known function has an asymptote (such as y=0 for f(x)=ex), then the translations of it also have an asymptote. If a known function has an asymptote, then the scaling of the function also have an asymptote."

DId you get - ln0.5/40 for the exponentials question?
Do you think you can still get an a* overall if you do exceptionally well in c4? Say if you got an a (fingers crossed) in this paper
Original post by rory58824
Question 10? What?

Yeah I swear to god there wasn't a Q10 unless some had a different paper !?
If anyone could answer that would be great

There were 9 questions right? Not 10?
Original post by OliviaLin
I got this too..

Cross multiply with 1/2 , expand brackets and divide all terms by cosA to get tanA = -1/3 after rearranging..

2 answers right?

yes two answers 2pi- your theta, and pi - your theta
patiently waiting for Arsey
There were only 9 questions ffs...
Original post by big fat poo
Also guys, for the asymptotes I got 2? y=-5 and y=5? :s-smilie:

Debatable, I personally thought that the second graph had no asymptote but it looks like most people agree with you. Gotta wait for Arsey to clear it up
Reply 2650
Original post by xKay
When is the hitler video out?

Even Hitler didn't loose the war in such a humiliating fashion, this is more like Stannis burning his own daughter for the lord of light and in return not getting Winterfell
Original post by PaulCJH
The trig proof:
image.jpg

I was damn close to getting this. I had the brackets on the numerator but I just didn't spot that cos^2 A - Sin^2 A is (Cos A + Sin A)(Cos A - Sin A), which was pretty dense of me...
hahahahaha i got that as well but im sure its wrong. So good that someone else got it tho :')
The UK paper wasn't that bad. If you'd done all the past papers including R/IAL papers then it was pretty standard.
Original post by Issaa
This is exactly what I got! Many people are saying its wrong but I can't see what else it could be.... :/

You were meant to keep it in e^x form. You'll still get the marks I think
for 8b) where

sec 2y + tan 2y = 1

how did people do this?? I was so confused...
Original post by Renascence
Other than the trig proof, the paper was of standard difficulty I reckon. Some questions were tricky and the format of the paper was unusual, but I wouldn't expect grade boundaries to drop more than 2 marks from last year.

to be fair i thought the first question was not a standard first question. normally its simplify algebra equation or something... but that trig one was alright i guess
Original post by sj97
DId you get - ln0.5/40 for the exponentials question?

Yh but you had to express it as an integer so it ended up as ln2
For anyone wondering about the Trig identity... Here's how I did it. :smile: Not the only way of course, but I think it's the quickest/easiest?

photo-2.jpg
Guys for the range of k I got -2root5<k<2root5 cos I misread the question and thought that it was find the range where k DOES have a solution...would that just be one mark knocked off for final answer being wrong??

Latest

Trending

Trending