The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ripper Phoenix
where do i click to vote lol

On the link I sent you

or HERE : http://strawpoll.me/4609429/r
i agree that this paper wasn't too hard. But i think this exam required more time. I started crying in the exam (i know that's pretty stupid to cry!) because i was running out of time and started panicking. I messed up on the trig question (did most of it but forgot to use sin^2A+cos^2A=1 for the last part of part a. I think grade boundaries will be 70=A* 64/65=A 57=B
Realistic Grade Boundaries:

68 - 100UMS

64 - 90UMS

57 - 80UMS
Reply 2803
Original post by Jemy
http://strawpoll.me/4609429/r

This is a respectable number, therefore, I am 100% the grade boundaries will be just as low as 2013 if not even lower.

ALSO!!!!

Given the experience by the IAL C34 people today, the C4 exam will be ****ing hell as well.

Added poll to main post, not that anyone looks at it anymore.
Every single damn year people on TSR and other kiddies say it was 'the hardest paper ever' and making petitions etc.

Yes you may have found it hard but obviously maths is a hard subject and only the top students get the top grades, I myself have probably missed out on the A* that I want but I'm not complaining that the paper was too hard I just wasn't prepared enough.
Pretty good paper I think. Didn't manage to do that trigonometric proof involving cos(theta)+sin(theta)/cos(theta)-sin(theta) though.

Question: did anyone use the addition formula? (sin(A)+cos(B) etc). I thought it was odd how I didn't use it once in the whole exam.

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Jemy
http://strawpoll.me/4609429/r

This is a respectable number, therefore, I am 100% the grade boundaries will be just as low as 2013 if not even lower.

ALSO!!!!

Given the experience by the IAL C34 people today, the C4 exam will be ****ing hell as well.

You think so ?
What happens if you cross out the right working out and answers and replace it with something wrong
Any chance there's a really nice examiner who still gives marks?!
Original post by IceMedii
Tbh i think they may as well get platinum papers out consisting entirely of this exam

:rofl:
Original post by Half Crazy
How the hell do you prove 8a

image.jpg

This is how you do it! T^T
I didn't have enough time to write it all out in the exam though...😭😭😭😭
See you all on the Official 2016 C3 Thread! :frown:
Original post by JayGreen
yeah i agree! we had 10 minutes left and i hadnt even finished question 8!

same i got stuck on q8 and it wasnt even that hard apparently i just panicked because of the time. seriously unfair
I find it funny how people are saying the 'general view' is that it was an easy paper, the majority of people on TSR thought it was hard, this isn't taking into account the amount of people that will get Us and don't care about exams that don't go on here lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
it is just greater than and less than, not greater and equal too
I think the difficulty of this paper is being overblown a bit. As I was going through it I definitely thought there were lots of opportunities to make small, minor mistakes, but so long as you knew what you were being asked to do (eg for finding the range question - just giving the max and min y values on that graph) it was actually ok. Not easy, but ok.

Even on things like that trig prof question the maths wasn't actually too difficult - all you needed to do was use the double angle formulae, sin^2 A + cos^2 A = 1 and then factorise.

So I'd say grade boundaries will be fairly standard. Probably around 67-68 for 90.
Not too bad a paper I predict that grade boundaries will be similar to January 2013 or maybe last year's(?)
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
where do i click to vote lol

http://strawpoll.me/4609429
Original post by rsayanthan
i got (ln2)/40

same
Original post by MrBowcat
Realistic Grade Boundaries:

68 - 100UMS

64 - 90UMS

57 - 80UMS

68 HAS NEVER BEEN 100 UMS!

come on man lets not do this! lets compare this to june 13 i'd say similar boundaries
Original post by KaptainCliff
No, it was y=5. :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone's saying y=5 for the asymptote, but shouldn't it be y=4 seeing that it was 2e^x so you had to stretch by a factor of 2 in the y direction first?

Latest

Trending

Trending