The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonwinner
Every single damn year people on TSR and other kiddies say it was 'the hardest paper ever' and making petitions etc.

Yes you may have found it hard but obviously maths is a hard subject and only the top students get the top grades, I myself have probably missed out on the A* that I want but I'm not complaining that the paper was too hard I just wasn't prepared enough.

Well no, I think you'll find most years there is only a minority of people saying the exam was difficult, whereas this year it is the majority.
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
68 HAS NEVER BEEN 100 UMS!
youre wrong, june 13 was 63 for full ums
come on man lets not do this! lets compare this to june 13 i'd say similar boundaries

youre wrong, june 13 was 63 for full ums
My working out for 8a) was all over the first page, i ordered it slightly, lets hope it is alright for the examiners (btw I did prove it)
Original post by dandroff
yea did you not state the range ?

No, I was just confused by the question, I suppose I'd have to substitute those x-values back into the original function? As long as I got a couple marks on it I'm fine, just need an A.
That was very hard. Ignore all the trolls, don't take the bait. There's also no point trying to predict the grade boundaries as it is impossible to get an accurate estimate.
Original post by MrBowcat
Realistic Grade Boundaries:

68 - 100UMS

64 - 90UMS

57 - 80UMS

Are u dizzy by this logic you can skip questions and get 100ums. More like 74 is 100ums and 68 for an A*
There goes my A* thanks to question 8
Original post by Johann von Gauss
They will never be that low :wink:

June 2013 was even lower
Please vote on this poll:

http://strawpoll.me/4609429
How did people get just a positive answer for Qb? (1/root(p^2 + 1))

It depends on the value of p, sometimes costheta will be negative, sometimes it will be positive surely...I put a plus or minus
Original post by Emmi12345
Well... there is definitely not NO asymptote for the second graph because the x-axis (y=0) is an asymptote due to the modulus.

It's not, because the mod graph touches the x-axis i.e. y CAN equal 0.

By that logic, y=-1, -2, -3, -4 etc should also be asymptotes since the graph never touches them
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PenToPaper
That was very hard. Ignore all the trolls, don't take the bait. There's also no point trying to predict the grade boundaries as it is impossible to get an accurate estimate.

u look beautiful :biggrin:
Original post by Dante991
There goes my A* thanks to question 8

Same man :frown:
I don't think I can get 96 UMS in this unit, I have to get 90+UMS in c4 to make sure I get A*.
guys stop trolling... people are genuinely concerned about their futures here...
Original post by Zeus579
You only get two values for theta which are -25.3,51.8
And Alpha should be 26.57 because 26.56505118

Fair, fair, I was doing it in a bit of a rush so didn't go over a check everything
For sec2A+tan2A this is what I did ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434106547.532768.jpg
Original post by Randomz96
Are u dizzy by this logic you can skip questions and get 100ums. More like 74 is 100ums and 68 for an A*

Have you even looked at the June 2013 boundaries?
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
now thats impossible! 4 marker involving tan is 2 answers only. tanx=-1/3!

those are 2 solutions

cos x came out as a factor and gave 2 more solutions; you shouldn't divide through by it.
Anyone know when arsey's markscheme is up?

Latest

Trending

Trending