The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought this was a hard paper; I got most of the questions but I've made really ridiculously stupid mistakes. eg on question 7 when I differentiated I must have done it wrong someone as I got a different cubic to everybody else, this therefore made my answers to the next part wrong even though I used the right method. on question 1 I left part c as 1-tan theta over tan theta +1 and didn't sub p back in. But I got the trig proof and the last question I think. annoying.
Posted from TSR Mobile
VOTE POLL POST UNOFFCIAL MARKSCHEME:

http://strawpoll.me/4609833/r
For the question of why something didn't exist what is the answer?
what if i left my my logs as fractions
like ln(1/2)?? do i lose mark?
grr. Stupid mistakes :s-smilie:

57/75 :frown: needed that A
i know no one can really tell me how many marks I'll lose - but for 5b I made a sign error and got 1/8pi rather than 1/24pi, leading to me getting the coordinates as the origin. I did (4-2) rather than (4-(-2)), but i differentiated correctly and did everything correctly after that mistake - anyone want to suggest how many marks out of 6 I'll get?
Why they gotta switch tings up for this year, bar june 2013 the rest of the past papers were calm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lawalke
Think I got like 63?? Chances for an A??

Probably an A
what would 55 or 56 be? anyone?
Think I got around 65 :frown: was really hoping for an A*... Guess I'll have to do well in C4
Original post by Fvthoms
For question 3, you're meant to put k>2root5 and k<-2root5 right?

Yes you are sorry I didn't write that
Original post by anonwinner
Think I got around 65 :frown: was really hoping for an A*... Guess I'll have to do well in C4

Same Here
What raw mark do you think would be an A in this year's c3 paper?
Original post by PinkElephant16
what would 55 or 56 be? anyone?

an A for sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let me be the first to say i was very "well prepared" for this paper and still struggled.
Granted im thinking i failed 8a) (after an hour invested and 5 seperate methods, i still didnt get much further than 3 steps in, knew i shouldve taken RHS...) due to calculation errors early on, id still estimate at least another 3-4marks lost elsewhere. Just to clarify i got full marks in June 13 when i tried it, id admit it probably was a harder paper than this years but still. This was not an impossible paper, but it was certainly not "easy or very easy".
For those that would suggest otherwise congrats on getting a paper you could do without difficulty, just please stop being condescending arses, it doesnt impress anyone and just serves to piss people like me off :/
Original post by rohan1811
got 60, what do you think the UMS will be for that

I should hope A (80 - 85)
68 what do you guys think it will be?
Is the unofficial mark scheme out yet?
What grade is 48 marks roughly
Would you get 2 marks for saying f(x) is increasing because as x tends towards infinity, f(x) tends towards 1?

Latest

Trending

Trending