The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone think that June 2013 wasn't that hard? I found today's much more difficult!
Reply 3321
Original post by radhikagulati
Does anyone think that June 2013 wasn't that hard? I found today's much more difficult!

You are not the only one man, this exam absolutely ****ed me. Was expecting worst case scenario a B, but now I am lucky if I get a C.
Reply 3322
How many marks will I lose if i wrote ln.5 instead of ln2
Late to the thread. There an official markscheme yet? Arsey was pretty quick with S1 but not sure if he/she does all of them.
**** EDEXCEL IT WAS MY LAST CHANCE TO GET AN A*!!!!!!!!! UCL AND KINGS COLLEGE OUT OF THE WINDOW

(1) guys, if in 9c, if wrote this: k is negative and therefore -3x-k = 3k and therefore 3k is greater than 0 and therefore it is increasing. is that right for 2 marks?

(2) and do you think that with 65 would be enough for an A*

cheers fellas and I feel ur pain !
Original post by hajs
How many marks will I lose if i wrote ln.5 instead of ln2

If you showed your working out to get ln2 and just miswrote the answer you should only lose 1 mark otherwise it depends on what the question was worth - I can't remember
Original post by Jemy
You are not the only one man, this exam absolutely ****ed me. Was expecting worst case scenario a B, but now I am lucky if I get a C.

I just don't understand what was the need to make it so complicated? In past papers I've been getting 73+ and in today's exam I literally felt sick because of how hard it was :frown:

All my other exams have gone badly as well -___-
Reply 3327
Original post by rock the boat
If you showed your working out to get ln2 and just miswrote the answer you should only lose 1 mark otherwise it depends on what the question was worth - I can't remember

Okay

Also,
if you give more than one answer outside of the range do they ignore them or.. ?
Can I get a few people's opinion on something?

If the question says, 'State a reason why the function g^-1(x) does not exist'
And I put, 'It has a one-many mapping therefore it cannot be a function.'
Would I get the mark? My 'It' is clearly referring to the inverse because that's the 'function' they're asking about in the question, but would they penalise me for putting 'It' instead of 'g^-1(x)?' It seems so unfair because that's the one they were asking about in the actual question!
Original post by Emmi12345
Can I get a few people's opinion on something?

If the question says, 'State a reason why the function g^-1(x) does not exist'
And I put, 'It has a one-many mapping therefore it cannot be a function.'
Would I get the mark? My 'It' is clearly referring to the inverse because that's the 'function' they're asking about in the question, but would they penalise me for putting 'It' instead of 'g^-1(x)?' It seems so unfair because that's the one they were asking about in the actual question!

You'll receive full credit, I'm sure. At the very least, you'll receive BOD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingaaran
You'll receive full credit, I'm sure. At the very least, you'll receive BOD.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile:
53 = B grade boundary?
Arsey and TeeEm's grade boundary predictions are sounding lovely :tongue:
Original post by Emmi12345
Arsey and TeeEm's grade boundary predictions are sounding lovely :tongue:

hey what are theyyyy
Original post by TeeEm
50 to 51 out of 75

that sounds delicious
Original post by bobabob
**** EDEXCEL IT WAS MY LAST CHANCE TO GET AN A*!!!!!!!!! UCL AND KINGS COLLEGE OUT OF THE WINDOW

(1) guys, if in 9c, if wrote this: k is negative and therefore -3x-k = 3k and therefore 3k is greater than 0 and therefore it is increasing. is that right for 2 marks?

(2) and do you think that with 65 would be enough for an A*

cheers fellas and I feel ur pain !

to get A* you will need 180 total in C3 and C4 (so long as your grand total is at least 480). Although it would have been nice to score higher you might fing that your C3 is roughly at 90UMS, so A* is still there
Original post by TeeEm
these are my estimates

100% around 70-71
90% around 63-64
80% around 56-57
70% around 50-51

I cannot see these boundaries any lower ... let us hope they are not any higher

oh my this has given me hope:biggrin:
Original post by cadcadcad
that sounds delicious

it will not be far off that figure
I drew instead of the exponential graph a graph of lnx cause I'm a bit of an idiot. I still had the right points at where it crosses the axis and for part b) I drew it correctly for my graph. How many marks out of six do you think I will get? Sorry but I need to know if I would get like two or three marks?
Original post by TeeEm
it will not be far off that figure

thanks i got a min of 53 (without method marks or ecf) so im really pushing it for an A :s-smilie: (or high B)

Latest

Trending

Trending