The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Instead of drawing an exponential draw I drew a lnx graph, my graph still crosses at the correct points and when I drew the modulus of it I was correct. How many marks do you think I would get for that?
Do people think this paper was harder than June 2013??
Reply 3442
Original post by TheVIllageGeek
How many marks for each of these answers? Could anyone care to help? :colondollar: pretty please

1)c) cot(pheta-45) = 1/tan(pheta-45)

2)c) I stupidly only solved the answer for one of the values, which was In(3.5)

3)c) k>1 and k<-1 --> forgot to multiply it by 2 root 5

8)b) I made (cos A + sin A)/(cosA - sinA) = 1/2 ... then I made (cosA+ sinA = 1)

9)b) and c) ... for 9b I found du/dx=1 and dv/=1 but I used the product rule instead of the quotient rule so I got the answer wrong. For 9c I said k is negative so my wrong dy/dx will always be positive (I even subbed in two figures to back it up and I concluded that it was an increasing function)

So many stupid mistakes...and I know I am pushing my luck with those answers, but if I were get or 1 or even 2 more marks from those them I would feel more secure haha

3c and 1c were 2 marks, and 8b was 4, you'll probably lose 2 marks for missing a solution and I can't remember nine in afraid!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 4Q18
A* is not possible unless you have at least 80 ums in C3.

I personally have zero UMS on C3 ...

However the chap that asked me the question claims that his C3 was around 58/75 which might well be 80 UMS ....
Hence my comment
Original post by vuvuzela
Grade boundaries I suspect will be low for several reasons;

The sneaky question 9.
Giving alpha in degrees instead of radians.
Two 'state a reason' questions. Nobody likes words in maths.
Several conflicts of accuracy between those who sat it.
Loads of places to leak marks like the asymptote.
A tricky overall paper. Nobody found that easy, not even you.
Every question in that paper would make a gold paper, but would be one of the earlier questions,

52 B
59 A
66 A*
100UMS will not be 75. That I can guarantee

P.S where can I vote for the difficulty?

This is a fairly decent analysis imho. I might be tempted to drop the boundaries even more, judging by how people seemed to react. Another major issue was the trig identity which relatively few people managed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Based on what arsey has said and the 2014 and 2013 papers, here's the prediction:
A*-63-64
A -56-57
B -49-50
C -42-43
However I can see some areas where easy mistakes can be made and could mean the grade boundaries are a bit lower than that. I'm pretty confident they won't be any higher
Original post by MCJW
I didn't realise there was a 9th question :cry2: Reckon I got 60/75 so not sure if its possible to make up the marks to an A* overall with C4?

I'm in the same position as you.I need that A* how did I not see the last question?
Guys could some nice person tell me how many marks I lost and guess ums, I think I made the following mistakes:

1)b) I left my answer with sqrt the whole thing and a +- infront of it.
2) a ) my asymptote was -3 not -5 . I then reflected this for part ii so my ii asymptote way y=3 will I get ecf?
And finally for 8)a) I only expanded the left hand side to 1+2sinacosa on to and 1-2sin^2 a on the bottom .
I need a maths a* for uni so I'm a bit worried since 8a) was 5 marks .

Thanks people
Original post by Elliemay97

Nah
Original post by TSR-addict
so if u get full marks in c1, c2, s1 at AS level, would it improve your chances of getting an A or even an A* at A2?

Even if u got 100s in c1 c2 u wont get an A* bcuz for A* u need 90% for c3 c4 combined!
Original post by fm81
3c and 1c were 2 marks, and 8b was 4, you'll probably lose 2 marks for missing a solution and I can't remember nine in afraid!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers for the feedback, but I asked for what I got for my answers and not what the marks for those questions were.
when does arsey post the paper with his answers? is it 10pm?
Original post by Elliemay97

No but it was definately harder than 2014 paper.
Reply 3453
Original post by TeeEm
I personally have zero UMS on C3 ...

However the chap that asked me the question claims that his C3 was around 58/75 which might well be 80 UMS ....
Hence my comment

Fair enough.

I'm gonna predict:
100 ums - 70
90 ums - 62
80 ums - 56
70 ums - 49
60 ums- 43

It was slightly easier than June 2013 but much harder than June 2014.
For an a* do you need an average of 180 ums or 90 ums in c3 and c4 and a total of 480 ums????
Original post by hsheahan
when does arsey post the paper with his answers? is it 10pm?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=426401&d=1434114436
Been aiming for an A* but I might legit end up with a B depending on how much i messed up M1... Think I got around 65/75 in C3 though, need to do well in C4!
Hey guys! What was the answer for ques 10?
Reply 3458
Original post by Randomz96
Guys could some nice person tell me how many marks I lost and guess ums, I think I made the following mistakes:

1)b) I left my answer with sqrt the whole thing and a +- infront of it.
2) a ) my asymptote was -3 not -5 . I then reflected this for part ii so my ii asymptote way y=3 will I get ecf?
And finally for 8)a) I only expanded the left hand side to 1+2sinacosa on to and 1-2sin^2 a on the bottom .
I need a maths a* for uni so I'm a bit worried since 8a) was 5 marks .

Thanks people

Don't think you lose a mark for the +-. In fact, I think it is necessary because cosx can be negative and without the +- you assume it to be positive for all x.
Original post by 4Q18
Fair enough.

I'm gonna predict:
100 ums - 70
90 ums - 62
80 ums - 56
70 ums - 49
60 ums- 43

It was slightly easier than June 2013 but much harder than June 2014.

my predictions from earlier are ever so slightly higher ...

Latest

Trending

Trending