The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sbarron
Oh bumda!! I meant C!! :,(

Oh, no :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got quite a lot of questions wrong that seem to be the easiest now!!! I was either overlooking them or read the question wrong... Eg potential instead of field strength !!!! Sooooo angry with myself!!!
Original post by ShutUpLegs
Here's Section A

is it just me that everytime i click on section A it comes up with section B, dont know what ive done!?:frown:
Original post by oonic0rn
is it just me that everytime i click on section A it comes up with section B, dont know what ive done!?:frown:

You may be clicking on section B :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehrdad jafari

Posted from TSR Mobile

no im definitely clicking on section A, i had it open, my computer rebooted (it randomly does it all the time:angry:) and then i clicked on section B, everytime i try to get up section A, its section B!!! think ive done something funny to dropbox....
Original post by Mehrdad jafari

Posted from TSR Mobile

any chance u could copy and paste the url to me..?? i jst looked there both the same no matter if i click on section A or B, really odd!!
Original post by ShutUpLegs
Here's Section A

It's actually only showing Section B.
Original post by Salt and Peppa
It's actually only showing Section B.

Yeah, true! It's very strange

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does everyone realistically think the grade boundaries are gonna be? same as last year or higher?? for all grades...
Predicted grade boundaries?
I know this is contrary to what everyone else has agreed, but the question asks what the effect of the ring is on the damping of the oscillations. Surely over the period of a complete oscillation, the total damping force would be the same regardless of the speed of the bob? I realise the rate of damping would be higher but I don't think that's what it's asking...? Thoughts?
Why is damping reduced the metal ring does increase the surface area as yes the front of the ring covers up the surface area of the cone under it(so no increase there) but those who say that the surface area hasn't increased aren't accounting for the increase in surface area between the ring and the cone, draw it in 3D and you will see what I mean.
Original post by CD223
ShutUpLegs has access in about an hour :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ty :smile:
Original post by Dalek1099
Why is damping reduced the metal ring does increase the surface area as yes the front of the ring covers up the surface area of the cone under it(so no increase there) but those who say that the surface area hasn't increased aren't accounting for the increase in surface area between the ring and the cone, draw it in 3D and you will see what I mean.

omg.... may i ask what you did to get such bad rep ahhahah!?
why is field strength 1560 and not 1875?
Reply 4915
Original post by chughes17
why is field strength 1560 and not 1875?

Potential was 625V and r was 0.4m. E=V/r gives 1560 Vm^-1 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

1/0.4=2.5 on the graph right? I might be being stupid but i'm reading it as 750 for V?

edit: that's for 3 lmao how stupid. 1 mark or 0?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile
shouldnt it be minus?
I managed to get the paper today, would anyone like me to post pictures of any pages/questions?
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why can we not use the electric field formula for a point charge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending