The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moniii16081997
Need help on part d

what have you tried?

btw you can screenshot on a mac using command-shift-4
Original post by AffirmedCube
Obviously in parts (e.g.- (a) (b), etc.). Nonetheless, I'd say this is pretty feasible. Considering vectors has come up frequently, knowing Edexcel I'd say it won't make up as much of the paper as it has previously (or so I secretly hope cos vectors iz not good)... But we'll never know, I guess lol.

Spoiler

haha!! yeah man can't wait for this to be over! Edexcel and their unpredictable nature! :biggrin:
Original post by ember8
wow, ive never had to use sina +sinb before as ive only been doing edexcel papers till now, thankyou, really appreciate that! do you think thatll come up?

no problem , i actually dont know if it would come ive havent seen any questions like this . At least you know how to do it now
Need help on part dImageUploadedByStudent Room1434400736.702222.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

think dot product
Original post by Bustamove
UCL for economics
A* emphasis on maths... I've definitely not met that criteria..
I can only hope that I get AAA and a very high UMS in maths.. maybe they'll still take me...

Ah, yeah, UCL specifically ask for maths.
I suppose with the C3 exam being the way it was, they'll be somewhat lenient.
Original post by vincentjack
what have you tried?

btw you can screenshot on a mac using command-shift-4

I know that OD. AB = 0
And I made the line which passes through AB = OD. I equated the coefficients of i, j, and k.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCL for economics
A* emphasis on maths... I've definitely not met that criteria..
I can only hope that I get AAA and a very high UMS in maths.. maybe they'll still take me...

I got UCL economics as well as my firm!

You sitting S4 as well by any chance? I got that first then c4 :/ gonna probs die after tomorrow :smile:
would they ask us to prove the parts formula?
Original post by tazza ma razza

You sitting S4 as well by any chance? I got that first then c4 :/ gonna probs die after tomorrow :smile:

no sorry :smile: good luck on your exams tomorrow... :smile:
Original post by Maham88
no problem , i actually dont know if it would come ive havent seen any questions like this . At least you know how to do it now

so if it was say cos3xsinx, or sin3xsinx, what would the formula look like? as in, is it always sina +sinb?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Ah, yeah, UCL specifically ask for maths.
I suppose with the C3 exam being the way it was, they'll be somewhat lenient.

tbh, that C3 exam wasn't that hard... I don't know what came over me in the exam... maybe it was lack of sleep or something, but after comparing my answers with Arseys.. I made some ridiculous stupid mistakes... I know the grade boundaries for an A will be somewhere between June 13 -14... I don't think it will fall that much from june 2014 tbh... Arsey predicts 57 ums for an A.. I pray that his prediction is correct...
Does anyone have a guide or a way of thinking on how to tackle differential equations? When I've started them I'm fine I just find it hard to know where to start? Thanks :smile:
Original post by tazza ma razza

Cool offer!

Last year, I had S4 straight after D1. Slightly less taxing than S4/C4 combined, but I feel your pain.

Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't done the question but could you not also find the angle between OD and OC using the answer from part c? Just a suggestion i dont know if it would help
Original post by 11234
should I visualise 3d vectors in 2d? Would it still work??

Usually shouldn't be a problem; if it's only lines you don't really need to visualise cos it's all algebra
If it's a geometrical question they always focus on a single plane for 2d shapes anyway so you can draw a 2d diagram and think of everything in 2d
Original post by 11234
should I visualise 3d vectors in 2d? Would it still work??

It should yes; either way it's much more effective than trying to use mental maths lol. Also, if something seems not right with your diagram, you can prob look at your data and kind of figure out what's wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The coordinates of D satisfy two equations
The general equation of the line and the appropriate dot product = 0
tbh, that C3 exam wasn't that hard... I don't know what came over me in the exam... maybe it was lack of sleep or something, but after comparing my answers with Arseys.. I made some ridiculous stupid mistakes... I know the grade boundaries for an A will be somewhere between June 13 -14... I don't think it will fall that much from june 2014 tbh... Arsey predicts 57 ums for an A.. I pray that his prediction is correct...

I hope so too
Partial fractions:
If the fraction is top heavy by one degree, e.g has x^3 on top and x^2 on bottom, then it can be expressed in the form Ax + B + C/denominators - is this correct?
Original post by AffirmedCube
Any good links where I can quickly go over and learn everything I need to know about vectors including:
- How to prove intersection
- When it is parallel/perpendicular
- Reflection in the line
- Everything else

Really hope vectors isn't a large feature of tomorrow's paper. I am struggling with dat shiz!

Original post by ASDuh97
^Second this
Original post by TheRaspberry
Thirded

the cheat sheet, solomon worksheets and notes on here might help :smile:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/maths-revision/a-level-core-4/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending