Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
they are built and made for the asians

Spoiler

source? :tongue:
Original post by Anon-
What are the "R" papers by the way? I always seem to find them harder, how come?

for people outside of the UK "R" stands for regional as these papers were specifically designed to cater for the different time zones. The ‘R’ papers are used by centers in the Asian/Pacific regions.
Reply 2062
Original post by Nurishment
You would need to integrate by parts twice for that wouldn't you?

Yep but you would end up applying it twice whether you expand initially or not :frown:
"R" papers are easier.....To make a very annoying, stupid, little mistake in...
Can someone name me questions where you have to come up with a substitution? I'm okay with using a substitution given, but i find having to come up with a substitution tricky.

Also, what was considered a hard paper?
like e.g. everyone said June 2013 for C3 was hard.

Thanks in advance!
Original post by urkadee
Can someone name me questions where you have to come up with a substitution? I'm okay with using a substitution given, but i find having to come up with a substitution tricky.

Also, what was considered a hard paper?
like e.g. everyone said June 2013 for C3 was hard.

Thanks in advance!

If they don't give you the substitution, then it's not the best method :smile:
Original post by bg9876
When a gradient is parallel to the x axis and you have eg dy/dx = (3x+ y)/(2y+1) is the 3x + y = 0 or then 2y+1? thanks

When a gradient is parallel to the x axis, the numerator of dy/dx is =0

When a gradient is parallel to the y axis, the denominator of dy/dx is =0, as it would make it undefined.

So to answer your question, 3x+y=0 in this case.
Honestly I feel all the papers are the same difficulty. C4 never tried to trick you out because the content is hard enough, so if you know how to do it it all becomes repetitive.
As for hard papers, try elmwood or Soloman papers but they wont help too much at this stage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
they are built and made for the asians

Spoiler

June 2013 Withdrawn is the definitely harder than most C4 papers and the R papers.
Original post by Dante991
Honestly I feel all the papers are the same difficulty. C4 never tried to trick you out because the content is hard enough, so if you know how to do it it all becomes repetitive.
As for hard papers, try elmwood or Soloman papers but they wont help too much at this stage

Posted from TSR Mobile

They never were really hard. A lot of people find that the problem is in not making small mistake that can cost you half the marks...Like a minus instead of a plus
C4 June 2014 was like having a really fit chick flirting with you for ages and you finally take her back home, only to find out she has a 20inch monster black penis.
Reply 2072
Original post by KrotoMax
They never were really hard. A lot of people find that the problem is in not making small mistake that can cost you half the marks...Like a minus instead of a plus

Yeah exactly, that's the biggest problem in C4: stupid calculation mistakes. The only way you can overcome is to just practice and practice.

I can also highly recommend a good calculator like the FX-991ES Plus which can check your integrals/differentials/simultaneous equations so that you avoid these small errors, I don't know what I would do without it.
Original post by TeeEm

:rofl::rofl:
How do you estimate an approximate value in binomial expansion? For instance from the june 2013 reserve paper it asks estimate the approximate value of (7100)^1/3 using the binomial expansion of (8-9x)^1/3 ? I know you have to always sub in x=0.1 but how do you get this value?
Original post by MrBowcat
C4 June 2014 was like having a really fit chick flirting with you for ages and you finally take her back home, only to find out she has a 20inch monster black penis.

LOL
Original post by Anon-
source? :tongue:

the papers are +5 GMT hence for the Asian countries :smile:
Original post by MrBowcat

Original post by blingaling
How do you estimate an approximate value in binomial expansion? For instance from the june 2013 reserve paper it asks estimate the approximate value of (7100)^1/3 using the binomial expansion of (8-9x)^1/3 ? I know you have to always sub in x=0.1 but how do you get this value?

If x=0.1 the 8-9x = 7.1
7100 is 7.1 x 1000
so eqn becomes 7.1^1/3 x 1000^ 1/3 (and 1000^1/3 = 10)
and take it from there
Hitler reacts to C4 June 2015....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending