The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

was it 160ln3 pi for the integration without the cone?
Original post by Emmi12345
Yes that's what I got!

I spent 20 mins checking my whole paper at the end so I'm fairly confident with most of my answers.
On the last question, did you all remember to subtract the volume of the cone, too? I ended up with pi*(13 ln(3)-27)/ln(3) or something.
Original post by Medicjug
Did ANYONE. Get 12pi/ln3 for the last question please guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 13pi/ln3
Original post by DomRauba
was it 160ln3 pi for the integration without the cone?

should be 40pi/ln3
Original post by phoenixsilver
Quite an easy paper actually, I think the grade boundaries will be high.

Did anybody get 0.47 something for the time exceeding 4000, using radians mode on the calculator?

I got something like that, 0.473 maybe?
Original post by Quackmatic
On the last question, did you all remember to subtract the volume of the cone, too? I ended up with pi*(13 ln(3)-27)/ln(3) or something.

The answer was 13pi/ln3
For the Cartesian equation, a=2 and b= -5? Setting out the proof was quite tricky
Original post by talkbiology
For the Cartesian equation, a=2 and b= -5? Setting out the proof was quite tricky

I got -25/2 or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anndz3007
for the ln2 question, did anyone get 32(ln2 square)-32ln2+12 ??

Yea buddy
Original post by phoenixsilver
Quite an easy paper actually, I think the grade boundaries will be high.

Did anybody get 0.47 something for the time exceeding 4000, using radians mode on the calculator?

I used radians because I'm 90% sure I read in the textbook somewhere that you can't use degrees with sin/cos/tan in calculus.

I'm pretty sure i got 0.3 something though and I'm confident it was right. Did you use P = 4 and not 4,000?
Is integrating 3^2x, 3^x/ln3 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by talkbiology
I got 31.82 for angle and something like 7.46 for the length, basically 10root2 times the sine of the angle

Yess some boy me class said he got 60 something, glad I'm not the only one who got 31.
Ugh got 27.1 years for P = 4000 or something, did it in degrees... is that just 1 mark gone or 2?
Original post by Jasmine:))))
should be 40pi/ln3

I got 80pi/ln3 for the area under the whole curve then either 67pi/ln3 or 57/piln3 can't remember
VOTE NOW ON HOW YOU FOUND THIS EXAM!
Click here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3407487
Note: C4 JUNE 2015 UK paper ONLY!

Was the ln2 area 32ln2 -12??
I need to see arsey's markscheme... so far I've got 8b) wrong but I think I should get method marks for doing volume under curve minus volume of cone... I got last part of question 7 wrong because I used 4000 instead of 4....
I find it so much easier to make stupid mistakes in C4 than C3.... Please gods of edexcel, let me still get an A
Original post by NJ4769
I got something like that, 0.473 maybe?

Yeah, that's what I got.
I actually tried doing it in degrees as well, I got 27 years. I then decided that nobody would carry out a wildlife study for 27 years so I banked on my radians answer LOL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending