The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by infinitytheory
I only fully answered 3 questions, the rest i got part a but couldnt do b or c, or i couldnt find a so i couldnt do b even though i knew the method. And i totally agree with it being difficult to come to a correct answer, im pretty sure most of my answers were wrong so im hoping for method marks xD
The only one i didnt attempt was the vectors one. I did half of the dot formula for part c and thats it.

Method marks are my best friend. I'm realizing silly mistakes I've made >.< Like
Unparseable latex formula:

\int 3^2^x \dx = 3^2^x \ln(3) \times 6

I looked at the 3 and was multiplying by 2, so my brain did a dumb. RIP all answer marks to that question.

It sucks when questions require those pre-requisites. Coming from PSYA4 I didn't have much time to effectively revise C4.
Original post by pinkcrystal
Did anyone get coodirinates of (24/5 , 16/5) and (-24/5 , -16/5)

Yeah!

Yes I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol at my predicted A*
this exam was deep, I integrated the last question within the limits of 0 and Q, hence i got some stupidly wrong answer. Also did not notice the population was in thousands so i kept getting Sin being over 1. Just Fark off edexcel srsly
Original post by Humbers
Lmao you put 1 answer and it's wrong
The correct answer to 8 is 13pi/ln3

Sorry my bad, it's 13pi/ln3, can't remember the answers

I think I only wrote down (24/5 , 16/5) ... I don't think we had to find a second one? I may be wrong... I can't remember which question this is, but i remember getting those values.. well the positive ones anyway
Original post by talkbiology
Lol same just glad I wasn't the only one.
I eventually concluded that there was a mistake in the paper and moved on, it's not exactly unheard of haha. Only a 3-marker though :smile:

What was the mistake??
004.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Yes :smile:
Original post by scales1996
Tbh just hoping for method marks, could barely finish much of the integration.... some nice questions though I'm hoping around 50 marks will be a B :smile:

Nah 50 def won't be a B this paper was too easy relative to others
Original post by s.c.a1
wheres arsey's thread for c4???

****s' sake, give him some time.
Reply 2671
Original post by sahlean
i got this too

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2672
Original post by sansasstark
radians, i think. I did a past paper with a similar question where you lost a mark for using degrees.

I doubt it. 0.2 yrs for the animals to reach a population of "4000"?! It has to be in degrees so u get 27yrs. C'mon lets be realistic. Do u think humans can produce 4000 offspring in 73 days? (0.2 yrs)
Original post by Humbers
Lmao you put 1 answer and it's wrong
The correct answer to 8 is 13pi/ln3

Q1b. (3 root 2)/2
Q1 c. 181/128
For question 8b how did you integrate y=3^2x?

I tried parts, substitution and inspection but nothing :/
Original post by sansasstark
What was the mistake??

There wasn't one. He just didn't realise P was in thousands so it's P = 4, not P= 4000.
VOTE NOW ON HOW YOU FOUND THIS EXAM!
Click here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3407487
Note: C4 JUNE 2015 UK paper ONLY!
Original post by mc1996
004.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Awesome!
For q1) was it expand to x^2 or x^3, i went up to x^3 but people saying it was 2 😁
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending