The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ASDuh97
I put my calculator in degree mode for the population one and got 27 years i think, in radians it wouldv'e been too short of a time wouldn't it?

I did that mate. Think we are wrong...
Original post by aero-1997
Do you guys think i can get an A* if I have 68-C3 67-C4.

Edexcel have marked your papers already? Impressive.
004.jpg
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
Original post by birdjm
How many marks do you think I will lose for the last question? I integrated the curve correctly, getting 40pi/ln3. But when calculating the volume of the cone I accidentally used (2-1/ln3) and did not use (2-(2-1/ln3)) for the height, so when I subtracted the 2 volumes, I got (67pi-54(pi)ln3)/ln3.

Three marks I'm thinking: 1 for not getting the correct cone volume. 2 marks for not getting the correct answer..
Original post by Paraphilos
:hide:

100% accurate representation of me during my STEP exam.
please could someone show me how they did 3c and how you got the (ln)^2 terms
Reply 3046
Original post by monica555
When u multiply out the bracket it becomes 9xln3 not 9ln3x so u then divide 18ln3 - 9 by 9ln3 to get 2-1/ln3

omg i'm so stupid, thank you
Original post by Emmi12345
None if you got the right answer. It wasn't imperative that you changed it to 9^x. I personally left it as 3^2x, ended up doing a substitution somewhere along the way and it all worked out fairly quickly and nicely. :smile:

no but i also got the wrong answer and im not sure why or how because i did 3^2x=1/ln3 3^2x
67A* 74 100UMS
Easier then last years i think. The vectors was easy. Volume with cone was in last year so people cant be that surprised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone have pictures of question 5 and 6?? or anyone rmb the what the questions were..
Original post by Freddy-Francis
004.jpg
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

How did you get the paper ???? and can you put it in a new thread pls
Reply 3051
Original post by Freddy-Francis
001.jpg
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Thanks to MC1996

But why doesn't the 8y bit differentiate to -8y? (Not positive?)
Anyone get 31.82 degrees for the angle in the vectors question?
Original post by kor97
bump for those who couldn't find it

you know for question 2) does it matter if the dy/dx is 3y-2x/8y-3x ?
Original post by Emmi12345
No it's not your fault for picking up on it, haha, you were only trying the defend the person. Well I was temporarily unable to count the words in my French essay at the end of that exam because I was shaking so much after 3hrs of stress... The invigilator came over and was like, "Do you need help counting?" I nearly died. I had a STEP exam right after as well... oh the irony.

i cry for you
did they not let you take step first, id have thought that would be the priority :frown:
Original post by joanneeve
no but i also got the wrong answer and im not sure why or how because i did 3^2x=1/ln3 3^2x

Correct me if I'm wrong... but how does 3^2x=1/ln3 3^2x?
... Or do you mean you integrated it to equal that? Not sure I understand.
Original post by nbofni
Anyone get 31.82 degrees for the angle in the vectors question???

Yes.
Original post by nbofni
Anyone get 31.82 degrees for the angle in the vectors question?

yep! :smile:
Original post by BenjKl
Yes.

Noiceeee
What about 3e^-1 as an answer for 8a. When it got to y-9=9ln3(x-2) I divided through by 9 to get y/9 =ln3x-2ln3+1, with y=0, 0=ln3x/9 + 1 then e^-1=3x/9 and then x=3e^-1 ?!???!?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending