The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Is from british independence from 1962 ok? Also the riders only operated in kenya from the mid 1990's also i think people are placing to much emphasis on stats, this exam is more about knowledge of principle understanding of geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jess__01
Someome who says that they need 'mo' hoes' ....

Its clearly some immature person, who's trolling to get attention!! LOL x
For the people remembering every single fact about Kenya's entire history, I don't think you realise this paper is based on analysis and not application, you'll get more marks for explaining why than backing up whats already in the AIB

This is from a student retaking the exam, last year I had all the facts and figures under the sun for the Morpeth floods and used them in the exam, but came out with a low grade because I didn't analyse the information in the AIB enough and wasted my time talking about further research which just supported the info in the AIB.

It's a paper to show you can 'think like a geographer', not like you can remember a lot like unit 3
why do they not operate in central kenya and nairobi anymore does anyone know? and can we write this in the exam or not :s-smilie:
Original post by jmasterson11
For the people remembering every single fact about Kenya's entire history, I don't think you realise this paper is based on analysis and not application, you'll get more marks for explaining why than backing up whats already in the AIB

This is from a student retaking the exam, last year I had all the facts and figures under the sun for the Morpeth floods and used them in the exam, but came out with a low grade because I didn't analyse the information in the AIB enough and wasted my time talking about further research which just supported the info in the AIB.

It's a paper to show you can 'think like a geographer', not like you can remember a lot like unit 3

couldnt agree more!!! its more about theoretical understanding of geographical issues, facts and figures can add a bit of spice to an answer and be used a few times but the interpretation is key
Can anyone else not access the Riders for Health website?
Has anyone got a list of things they do from the 'what we do' section of their website?
Original post by MedievalWitch
why do they not operate in central kenya and nairobi anymore does anyone know? and can we write this in the exam or not :s-smilie:

Not enough CBO's (community based organisations)
Original post by Chris1996
Can anyone else not access the Riders for Health website?
Has anyone got a list of things they do from the 'what we do' section of their website?

Its down for everyone, use this instead my friend

http://www.thensmc.com/sites/default/files/Riders%20for%20Health%20FULL%20case%20study_0.pdf
Reply 548
do we get given item 1, 2 and 3? or just the maps? sorry, bit confused. Our teacher only went through this two weeks before we left so never really explained properly how the exam works
Original post by bethabbott
does anyone have any notes on the maps, my teacher hasnt gone through them and im not entirely sure what to pick up from them

Hey

You could mention how the population density and poverty link to each other? :smile: xxx

Ive only briefly been taught this :frown: as my teacher focused a lot on GEOG3 recently xxx
Original post by blu123
do we get given item 1, 2 and 3? or just the maps? sorry, bit confused. Our teacher only went through this two weeks before we left so never really explained properly how the exam works

you get given a complete AIB in the exam, that you get when you sit down so there are no notes on it
Original post by adam harperRB
Not enough CBO's (community based organisations)

okay do you know when they stopped working there or have they not said?
Chi Squared must be examined this year because it has never come up before and they need to cover the entire specification before the spec changes, so it will 100% come up in this paper because it wasn't in this year's Geog 3
Reply 553
Original post by Professor Mature
Chi Squared must be examined this year because it has never come up before and they need to cover the entire specification before the spec changes, so it will 100% come up in this paper because it wasn't in this year's Geog 3

we dont need to know how to carry out a chi-squared test though do we?
Original post by Professor Mature

Whats Chi Squared????? never even learnt this in maths :/
isn't chi-squared to find whether something is down to chance or because of a variable? the only thing I can think of them using for a question is whether riders have improved health care or if it is just by chance, which seems very unlikely
isn't chi-squared to find whether something is down to chance or because of a variable? the only thing I can think of them using for a question is whether riders have improved health care or if it is just by chance, which seems very unlikely

Yeah i think the chi squared test is unlikely as there is no predicted outcome in the AIB to compare the actual results with and calculate the degree of freedom
Reply 557

Yeah you are correct, but i think they could possibly ask about it in relation to the maps, to show the links between two of them or something, but i think it is very unlikely that any statistical tests will come up, they mainly put those in the 4a unit.
Reply 558
Original post by JoepFernando
Whats this gonna mean for our paper on friday ?

Nothing as per say - other than make sure your exam code is GEO4BR rather than Geo4b
do we need to know about the Vision2030 project and how they are improving the country without damaging the environment??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending