The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyak
Advantages and disadvantages of a rotating expat programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

advantages - expats bring in management strategies from developed countries, expats are able to experience different working conditions, expats can gain experience needed to find a good jobdisadvantages - experienced workers may not want to go work in poor conditions with low pay, high costs, expats may not be able to handle local staff
Practice questions for tomorrow guys! (If you got the answers please share with me or pm me?)

1) To what extent has the riders programme helped Kenya improve its health care? (15 marks)

2) Discuss the issues that the physical and social geography of Kenya present for healthcare provision. (12 marks)

3) Comment on the impact that HIV has on development. (8 marks)

4) The Kenyan health service is not fit for purpose. Discuss. (10 marks)

5) Kenya has failed its MDGs for health. Discuss what can be done to get the country back on track. Justify your decisions. (15 marks)
Original post by Abbz61112
Practice questions for tomorrow guys! (If you got the answers please share with me or pm me?)

1) To what extent has the riders programme helped Kenya improve its health care? (15 marks)

2) Discuss the issues that the physical and social geography of Kenya present for healthcare provision. (12 marks)

3) Comment on the impact that HIV has on development. (8 marks)

4) The Kenyan health service is not fit for purpose. Discuss. (10 marks)

5) Kenya has failed its MDGs for health. Discuss what can be done to get the country back on track. Justify your decisions. (15 marks)

i need help with number 5 too
guys i can't access the video on the unep website it says we should look at in item 5

anyone got a link?? x
Can anyone help me answer a bunch of questions? i can give you my notes in return?

S.O.S
Original post by maaitriii
i need help with number 5 too

Notes for answers The AIB item 4 listssome recommendations to help Kenya meet its MDGs. However, these are simply torun until this year. To score highly in this section, one would expect studentsto have undertaken additional research into what Kenya is doing next Vision2030. Students could consider:improvements made to funding of health care both from the government andencouraging overseas investment (this may involve working with NGOs too, ornegotiating with large pharmaceutical companies to lower the price of drugs);ensuring that clinics are able to order the supplies needed; improving theretention of healthcare workers; developing a national health service to reducethe massive inequalities between private and public health care; focus onimproving access to clean water and sanitation across the country to helpreduce the spread of certain easily treated diseases; improving infrastructureand communication to enable areas to share resources and have access to theresources they need; improve education to enable mothers to be moreknowledgeable and, therefore, help prevent child mortality as well as educatingthe population on basic hygiene to reduce a range of diseases.Mark scheme for it, hope this gives you some ideas
Do riders still work around Nairobi??!?:s-smilie:
it obviously says so in the booklet but this map on he riders website says otherwise

Reply 827
You need to think about Kenyas middle term and long term development goals - vision 2030. Think about how Kenya could develop its healthcare system (logistics, human resources and infrastructure) to ensure wider participation and access to healthcare across the country and a reduction in disparities in health care. Possibly look at water sources and poverty and what implications this has on health? Trade vs aid in Kenya - is more aid needed to develop Jemma's health system and reduce child and maternal mortality?
Original post by ButtonsBile
Notes for answers The AIB item 4 listssome recommendations to help Kenya meet its MDGs. However, these are simply torun until this year. To score highly in this section, one would expect studentsto have undertaken additional research into what Kenya is doing next Vision2030. Students could consider:improvements made to funding of health care both from the government andencouraging overseas investment (this may involve working with NGOs too, ornegotiating with large pharmaceutical companies to lower the price of drugs);ensuring that clinics are able to order the supplies needed; improving theretention of healthcare workers; developing a national health service to reducethe massive inequalities between private and public health care; focus onimproving access to clean water and sanitation across the country to helpreduce the spread of certain easily treated diseases; improving infrastructureand communication to enable areas to share resources and have access to theresources they need; improve education to enable mothers to be moreknowledgeable and, therefore, help prevent child mortality as well as educatingthe population on basic hygiene to reduce a range of diseases.Mark scheme for it, hope this gives you some ideas

thankk youu sooo much would it be possible for you to look over some of my answers?
Reply 829
that website is awful!
Original post by elliec_
Do riders still work around Nairobi??!?:s-smilie:
it obviously says so in the booklet but this map on he riders website says otherwise

NNno they don't anymore.
Original post by J.Boy.Muller
NNno they don't anymore.

could we use this and say how riders has been successful in improving health in Nairobi so they werent needed anymore?
Reply 832
Original post by J.Boy.Muller
NNno they don't anymore.

they closed their office in Nairobi , and have only a workshop and office in Kisumu
thankk youu sooo much would it be possible for you to look over some of my answers?

I'm no expert I'm afraid, I'm struggling a lot with this paper. But those answers are all from the zigzag booklet: which I can send to you if you want.
I'm no expert I'm afraid, I'm struggling a lot with this paper. But those answers are all from the zigzag booklet: which I can send to you if you want.

yes please

oh ok yes please i would really appreciate that :smile:
oh ok yes please i would really appreciate that :smile:

Just pm me your email :smile:
Original post by Natalierm2707
As promised here is an updated version of some possible questions for GEOG4B!!

Please understand this is not a comprehensive guide in any way, this is just a variety of questions I have gathered from various sources, including some of you guys, and I wanted to share it, as it will make revising for this exam a lot easier for all of us. Like I mentioned I have no idea whether any of these questions will be similar to or even anything like the ones of the actual GEOG4B exam, but its a good idea to share some questions now so we can get a feel for what it may be like.

I will keep posted updated versions of this document if anyone contributes or if I find more questions online, so keep an eye out on this thread for me.

If anyone has any questions about any of the questions I have written in this document, or anything about geography in general (there is a geog3 thread on TSR already so head over there for GEOG3 questions) then feel free to ask, my teacher is honestly brilliant and he has helped us a lot with this exam, and I would be happy to share!

I hope this is useful! :biggrin:

Thanks a million :biggrin:
guys i am confused on the kenya vision 2030 page, it says it expects to meet the MDGS this year, yet other sites disagree with this

“The Kenyan Health Service is not fit for purpose”, discuss this statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending