The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
You think? I'm hoping it's around 60 for a A* but who knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There were way too many written questions and very little calculations to do. And the calculations given weren't even easy to do, for example the last question on horizontal motion wasn't straightforward at all unless you do M2.

I personally think A* should be in the late 50s but its really difficult to say. Also the fact that there was an error in the question paper might lower the grade boundaries.
Original post by Reverse Swing
There were way too many written questions and very little calculations to do. And the calculations given weren't even easy to do, for example the last question on horizontal motion wasn't straightforward at all unless you do M2.

I personally think A* should be in the late 50s but its really difficult to say. Also the fact that there was an error in the question paper might lower the grade boundaries.

By last question do mean the six marker one or the one before that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5042

Yeah, doing M2 helped a lot, although even with that I struggled to explain why it couldn't be horizontal and just said as the speed increases, the force required to keep it in a circle increases. Lol, I'm such a bad M2 student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
By last question do mean the six marker one or the one before that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The calculations before the six marker.
Original post by CD223
Yeah, doing M2 helped a lot, although even with that I struggled to explain why it couldn't be horizontal and just said as the speed increases, the force required to keep it in a circle increases. Lol, I'm such a bad M2 student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's surely not worse than not knowing which law is which. :frown:
Reply 5045
That's surely not worse than not knowing which law is which. :frown:

To be honest as long as you explained the laws I'm sure there's not much emphasis on labelling them first second and third!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got the paper yet
Reply 5047
Original post by SuperMushroom
Anyone got the paper yet

I have a copy of the PHYA4 paper but unfortunately not PHYA5. PM me your email address and I'll happily send it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I have a copy of the PHYA4 paper but unfortunately not PHYA5. PM me your email address and I'll happily send it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

I sent you a PM :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5049
Original post by SuperMushroom
Hi,

I sent you a PM :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sent the papers this morning :smile: hope it helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predicted grade boundary?
Original post by simonli2575
Predicted grade boundary?

my feeling is that the grade boundaries won't shift by more than 2 marks and i'm not being hopeful
my feeling is that the grade boundaries won't shift by more than 2 marks and i'm not being hopeful

Up or down
And what do u reckon unit 5a boundaries will be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by king cobra
Up or down
And what do u reckon unit 5a boundaries will be

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either way. I would say the same for unit 5 though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Either way. I would say the same for unit 5 though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did u do astro
And do u reckon unit 5 will be as low as last yr?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did u do astro
And do u reckon unit 5 will be as low as last yr?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no, i did turning points. i would say unit 5 will be the same as last year if not lower
no, i did turning points. i would say unit 5 will be the same as last year if not lower

For all options?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For all options?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite so, but again this is only an opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5058
Reply 5059
Can someone please PM me the full UMS cap mark for this exam when the converter becomes available?

I'm at work now until 3pm :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending