The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Exactly how i'm starting to feel :lol:

Eat, sleep, work, come home to empty flat, repeat. Is this it for the next 40 years?

It will get better:wink:. She's out there somewhere.
Original post by sr90

Eat, sleep, work, come home to empty flat, repeat. Is this it for the next 40 years?

Relationships, intellectual pursuits and self improvement are what make life worth living. And if you dont like your job or dont see a long term end goal, quit ASAP.

Spending free time watching awful TV shows and aimlessly browsing social media, which is what most people do tbh, is what depresses people.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
It will get better:wink:. She's out there somewhere.

About as likely to happen as Lionel Messi signing for Stoke City.

Original post by Zürich
Relationships, intellectual pursuits and self improvement are what make life worth living. And if you dont like your job or dont see a long term end goal, quit ASAP.

Spending free time watching awful TV shows and aimlessly browsing social media, which is what most people do tbh, is what depresses people.

My company has offices all over the world, as soon as I pass probation i'll try my luck for somewhere overseas :lol: Would love to live somewhere like Germany or Switzerland.
Original post by sr90

My company has offices all over the world, as soon as I pass probation i'll try my luck for somewhere overseas :lol: Would love to live somewhere like Germany or Switzerland.

Switzerland is the most boring place on Earth. Wait until youre 60 to live there mate.

Germany is cool
If you live your life just doing nothing it's gonna be depressing yeah. If you've gotta work in a boring job, at least do it with a goal for the future in mind, so that you know you're doing it for a reason.

Original post by sr90

That's the saddest thing I've heard all week.
Original post by e aí rapaz
That's the saddest thing I've heard all week.

True story though. I'm a lost cause.

Original post by Zürich
Switzerland is the most boring place on Earth. Wait until youre 60 to live there mate.

Germany is cool

Germany is where it's at. Would love to live there even if it's only for like a year
Original post by sr90

Just join the civil service. 37 hours a week flexitime. And maybe get a sex doll for this quiet evenings.

I use my quiet evenings for Flat Iron. Went again :lol: 40 minute wait but they text me after 16 minutes. Hate necking drinks.
Original post by sr90

Why? Are you just low on confidence or what?
Original post by Lúcio
Anyone ever worked night shifts before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. Avoid them like the plague. ****ing awful.

Original post by sr90

Original post by sr90

Felt the same. Left school, didn't really know where to turn. Then I walked into an Armed Forces Careers Office, and my life turned right round.

Something to look into?
Original post by TornadoGR4

Felt the same. Left school, didn't really know where to turn. Then I walked into an Armed Forces Careers Office, and my life turned right round.

Something to look into?

This you fam?

Original post by Zürich
This you fam?

Don't get the reference :ashamed2:
Reply 7431
gareth keenan hahaha ^^^^

speaking of relationships, i foolishly rejected quite a good looking, funny and well educated girl last year who has now found someone else. she is now having the last laugh and i am here thinking what a fool i am for not wanting to commit to a relationship. i will never let something like that slip from me again.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dexa
gareth keenan hahaha ^^^^

speaking of relationships, i foolishly rejected quite a good looking, funny and well educated girl last year who has now found someone else. she is now having the last laugh and i am here thinking what a fool i am for not wanting to commit to a relationship. i will never let something like that slip from me again.

This does not f****** slip now.

Anybody else going to the Diamond League tonight? Probably the second to last chance you'll see Usain Bolt in England. Tickets still available.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by little_wizard123
This does not f****** slip now.

Anybody else going to the Diamond League tonight? Probably the second to last chance you'll see Usain Bolt in England. Tickets still available.

That at Alexander Stadium?

Tornado pls, I'm starting tonight :tongue:
Was looking more for tips than people saying run away :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Tornado pls, I'm starting tonight :tongue:
Was looking more for tips than people saying run away :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phone in sick. They're ****ing awful.

What times you doing?
Phone in sick. They're ****ing awful.

What times you doing?

my first shift tonight is 9-7 but in general they'll be 11-8
i'm only contracted friday and saturday so having 5 days off to look for a "proper" job is definitely appreciated.
you get a nice premium so it works out around £8.50 per hour, but working like that for a year is merely worst case scenario tbh.

have you done them before?
Original post by Lúcio
my first shift tonight is 9-7 but in general they'll be 11-8
i'm only contracted friday and saturday so having 5 days off to look for a "proper" job is definitely appreciated.
you get a nice premium so it works out around £8.50 per hour, but working like that for a year is merely worst case scenario tbh.

have you done them before?

Yeah. Used to do 10-8s before Christmas, refuse to do nights shifts at all now. I'd only do them if we were incredibly short staffed, and I could do a 9-6 instead. Otherwise I'm never doing them again.

Very difficult in summer when it's warm when you get home & light outside. At least in winter when it's dark & cold it's easier to get to bed in the morning
Yeah. Used to do 10-8s before Christmas, refuse to do nights shifts at all now. I'd only do them if we were incredibly short staffed, and I could do a 9-6 instead. Otherwise I'm never doing them again.

Very difficult in summer when it's warm when you get home & light outside. At least in winter when it's dark & cold it's easier to get to bed in the morning

yeah that's fair enough.
the way i see it, i'm very nocturnal anyway and i don't have much trouble sleeping (even during the day).
the only reason i took them is because when i tried to transfer the only decent hours they had were night shifts.
i didn't wanna get lumbered with something stupid like 6 hrs per week, so i took night shifts.
they said that if i really hated them, i'd probably be able to move over to days eventually, but overall i'm not too worried.

i've been working in retail since i was about 16 so i have plenty of experience for a young person - i'm confident i could get another job fairly easily if this one turned out terrible.
so i guess we'll see, just gonna work my balls off tonight and see how it goes - maybe i turn out to be a weirdo who just loves it :tongue:
'sup faggots?

Latest