The Student Room Group

Worst anime you've ever seen?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omar717
Honestly though I think sao gets way too many high ratings. Even though it's not appalling, it has too many flaws: Kirito is an uninteresting character; second half of first season is just plain bad and devolves into incest and Asuna rape scenes; action scenes, while having nice animation, feel pretty lackluster; a lot of characters in general are pretty boring; bad teen romance etc.

I can understand why some people might see it as good, but I don't see how some can go as far as to give it a 10/10. Just my opinion.

That being said, there are some parts which are somewhat enjoyable.

SAO gets way more hate than it deserves though if you've ever been on MAL so actually, the over-haters and over-raters kinda cancel each other out. :tongue:

-----

My friends kept going on about a multiple choice romcom harem thing that I gave a go but it was pretty crap. Ditto for Watamote.
I tend not to watch things unless they have a good rating though so I haven't seen that many anime I consider particularly 'bad'.
Original post by Xiuchen
It was underage cross-dressing boys having sexual adventures... I'm sorry but that is just a bit too much for me to handle:biggrin:

Have just watched some scenes. What...the...hell...!

Original post by Arcai
That just makes it better (jk)

I have watched just some minutes and without a doubt I can say they were the weirdest ones in my anime life.
Original post by Xiuchen
EVA is a bit overrated but its definitely not bad! Personally I lovee EVA. SAO is quite good at parts IMO but can get dull too:smile:

I love Eva too. It has some of the best characters in anime for me, Shinji in particular (who is not a coward at all), and Azusa, who initially is very annoying but I came to like her later on. Aside from a few pacing issues at the start (and a less than satisfactory ending) I really liked it and found it to be a very intelligent anime. I watched End of Eva and didn't like it that much, although maybe with a rewatch I'll appreciate it more since I'll be able to make sense of what's going on.

The second half is the reason I hate SAO so much. The stupid incest, the horrible degradation of Asuna, and the completely disgusting villain just drove it into the ground.
(edited 8 years ago)
Highschool of The Dead, Aldnoah Zero and Sword Art Online.

3/10, 4/10 and 4/10 respectively.

Mostly because of boring plots and badly written characters.
The worst anime IMO is your favorite anime.
Nothing beats Tokyo Mew Mew... I still don't know how I got through watching it :s-smilie:
Reply 46
Bo. Bo. Bo.
Original post by oniisanitstoobig
The worst anime IMO is your favorite anime.

With whom are you speaking? and what is his/her favorite anime which is the worst one in your opinion?
Original post by Kallisto
With whom are you speaking? and what is his/her favorite anime which is the worst one in your opinion?

I think they mean that everyone's favourite anime is terrible haha. It's a joke. Either that or they're saying everyone has bad taste xD.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 49
School days. Whilst the ending was probably the most interesting part, it really didn't fit the show xD It's kind of like the writers wanted to give 'Romance' a go, but then they got halfway through and were like nope lets just mess around and see what we get.

And then Highschool of the dead. It had the potential to be a good show, but everything was over sexualised.
Reply 50
Original post by Misora
School days. Whilst the ending was probably the most interesting part, it really didn't fit the show xD It's kind of like the writers wanted to give 'Romance' a go, but then they got halfway through and were like nope lets just mess around and see what we get.

And then Highschool of the dead. It had the potential to be a good show, but everything was over sexualised.

Haha I've always thought School Days was bad but not awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by narusku
Haha I've always thought School Days was bad but not awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, for me it's not that it's completely awful, in fact some aspects weren't bad i.e the animation, and the first few episodes weren't even bad. I think it's the fact it got so drastic after time, and after being a seemingly innocent show at the start. I can't say it wasn't entertaining though xD
Original post by narusku
Bo. Bo. Bo.

-bo bo bobo?
I remeber watching this on Jetix, seemed quite boring. What was it about again?
Teletubbies
Original post by Misora

When was it ruined for you? I say episode 5 for me, the episode with the bathtub scene. When I first watched it I was thinking 'this is amazing,' but the story diverged and it seemed to focus less on what made the first episode good. Also I didn't realise I was watching the OVA, because Netflix just calls it episode 13, if that was the actual ending it would have ruined it all so badly.
Reply 55
Original post by NotNotBatman
-bo bo bobo?
I remeber watching this on Jetix, seemed quite boring. What was it about again?

All I remember was a man with a golden afro and nose hair whips :')
Original post by BlindingLight
Teletubbies

Is that an anime anyway? no, I don't think so. It is not even produced in Japan. I guess you are kidding me.
Original post by Xiuchen
That sums up exactly how I feel about SAO lol:tongue:

this is how kirito becomes the best.

1) Log into game
2)never have an account
3)out perform people who have spent numerous days/cumulative hours on the game using minimal/underpowered equipment.

my gosh the gun gale online part where he starts beating people using guns, with a sword. I think what makes it worse is the fact that they establish worlds and a lore of some sort. then never explore into it because they're too busy concentrating on kirito and the waifu of the season
(edited 8 years ago)
Goriest Anime Deaths, 2001-2015. The level of continuity was, shall we say, lacklustre.
Original post by bottled
this is how kirito becomes the best.

1) Log into game
2)never have an account
3)out perform people who have spent numerous days/cumulative hours on the game using minimal/underpowered equipment.

my gosh the gun gale online part where he starts beating people using guns, with a sword. I think what makes it worse is the fact that they establish worlds and a lore of some sort. then never explore into it because they're too busy concentrating on kirito and the waifu of the season

kirito sucks i love other characters just not kirito ew asuna and sinon are baes

Quick Reply

Latest