The Student Room Group

Why does 5'4 have to a deal breaker to women?

As a 5'4 guy I feel like I literally have one of the worst heights when it comes to attraction. Women have rejected me and still reject my heights. I don't understand though because I would think a man like my size or around it would be nice because we don't tower over Women. But even women that are like 4'11 want a man like 2 feet taller than them and stuff like it's super depressing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're going after the wrong women. Don't try and be in long term relationships with shallow people even if you are traditionally good looking, looks fade and life happens.
Reply 2
There is a fair bit of height discrimination about. I find it a bit strange as although I’d have a preference for short girls I certainly don’t find them exclusively attractive. Happily though there are also women that don’t care about height. Dating is about playing to your strengths and mitigating any weaknesses
Reply 3
Original post by Primary_eye1893
As a 5'4 guy I feel like I literally have one of the worst heights when it comes to attraction. Women have rejected me and still reject my heights. I don't understand though because I would think a man like my size or around it would be nice because we don't tower over Women. But even women that are like 4'11 want a man like 2 feet taller than them and stuff like it's super depressing.

Some women have a height preference and some don't. There are plenty of fish in the sea so just focus on improving your strengths instead of fixating on something you can't change (or worse becoming one of those people who blame women for having a preference not saying you are, just warning you off becoming one) and the right woman will hopefully come along!
Reply 4
I just think short men are not "manly", and I wouldn't feel safe with one.
Consciously or not women look for strong genes and that isn't short men.
Original post by Sophie_kiss

Height has absolutely nothing to with being manly, you idiot. The height of manliness (no pun intended) is actually judged by combat prowess, and being taller does not make someone a better fighter. Also, why do you care about safety anyway? This isn’t the Middle Ages.
Hey 👋, why don’t you wear shoes that boost your height ? 🤔

become drawf pilled
Original post by RandomSelect
Height has absolutely nothing to with being manly, you idiot. The height of manliness (no pun intended) is actually judged by combat prowess, and being taller does not make someone a better fighter. Also, why do you care about safety anyway? This isn’t the Middle Ages.

We might not need physical prowess above everything else anymore, but humans, like all animals, are biologically programmed to look for certain traits. Civilisation has only been a thing for 4% of humanity's existence, and 0.0003% of the time life had been earth, so it will take a very long time for said programming to change naturally.
Reply 9
I'm also a 5'4 guy. I do think that you're just meeting the wrong people. It sucks but it ain't the be all and end all. Sounds corny but there'll be someone out there, just takes time. A good personality goes a long way as well even if you're not tall. Again, just be patient
Reply 10
Original post by ThomasOCallaghan
become drawf pilled

lmao so true
Just wear some tall thick shoes with a good sole it will make you a few inches taller/more attractive

What if you go for a big tall guy and he wallops you? Surely a smaller guy who is more feeble (in theory) is less capable of doing you injury?

I never really got why women think they won't be on the receiving end of it.

have your preference, but I think you’ll be in for a very rude awakening, on a random night your tall boyfriend could get quite literally finished by anyone with a modicum of combat sports training🤣

I know its so stupid I always get rejected because of my height I'm 5 foot 6 all girls seem to want guys over 6foot
Original post by Im Jackson
I know its so stupid I always get rejected because of my height I'm 5 foot 6 all girls seem to want guys over 6foot

It isn't stupid, girls like tall guys with goodlooking faces
As a 6'0" guy I get looks of interest occasionally but that about it and if course those looks of interest aren't really anything substantial. They aren't really I want to get with you, many have bf's, other guys they are interested in, just passing intrigue, etc.

I've got no dating life sufficient to say that 6ft plus dudes get laid a lot more for it, I certainly haven't. I've not got a pretty biy face though I'm just an everyday looking guy and to be honest there are loads of guys around 6ft orso taller around so it's no big bonus as it's quite common to many guys.

I get the short guy thing is a negative but like any negative with women you need a big positive to overcome it. I've seen many short guys get women because they are socially confident or get seen by women as someone they can rely upon. So really it's only a clanger to guys who are short and can't come across well in some other aspect. Then yeah I get the impression that they are about as popular as a guy with bad body odour.

Who'd win if it was between a short muscular guy and a tall lanky one?
Not saying one is better than the other, but height alone is the worst means of measuring strength.
Reply 18
Original post by Roses.Are.Red
Who'd win if it was between a short muscular guy and a tall lanky one?
Not saying one is better than the other, but height alone is the worst means of measuring strength.

Even men aren't a good judge of physical strength and combat ability, you think a woman is gonna know what to look for? It's just ooga booga big = strong = horny. Don't dwell upon it too much or try to rationalize, it's just how things are
Im 5 9(F) and all my crushes have been men I can 100% take in a fight, they are all tiny, my current is 5 5, let me assure you women dgaf abt mens height

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending