The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fango_Jett
The only shows I can actually think of being better dubbed is maybe Baccano! and Steins Gate, but these are high budget bordering on AAA, so it's not unexpected. I have yet to see a mid-budget anime that is better dubbed.

The dragon ball series was good dubbed in my opinion too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Posiedon12
Ok guys I just finished watching FullMetal Alchemist and really loved it, any recommendations for a new anime series based on this?

I usually like action, fantasy and funny stuff if that helps narrow it down :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since FMA is my favourite show I'll just fire out some suggestions from my top 50:

Hunter x Hunter

Black Lagoon
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
Code Geass
Attack on Titan
Baccano!
Aquarion Evol
Last Exile
Original post by EdwardElric
Try Hunter x Hunter (2011), another great shounen series with plenty of action.

Love HxH to death! So good.

You have some serious viewing time under your belt. I salute you!
Has anyone watched a colourful lil' piece called Katanagatari?
Original post by narusku

I finished watching it a couple of days ago, I enjoyed it. The last episode was pretty cool.
Completed Shirobako the other night, absolutely awesome show. :smile:
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Completed Shirobako the other night, absolutely awesome show. :smile:

Started it today, loving it right from the start.
Original post by Omar717
Love HxH to death! So good.

Agreed! I finished it recently and I'm still going through withdrawals. Killua is GOAT.

Anyone else here watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes? I'm 70 episodes in and absolutely loving it.
Agreed! I finished it recently and I'm still going through withdrawals. Killua is GOAT.

Anyone else here watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes? I'm 70 episodes in and absolutely loving it.

I heard that LoGH was good, really good - but it's so slow at the start and I keep stalling!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by narusku
I heard that LoGH was good, really good - but it's so slow at the start and I keep stalling!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many episodes have you seen? I agree, it is a little slow at the beginning, but I quickly got used to the pace of the show since it's scale is just incredible. I haven't even finished it yet and it's already on my favourites list. I'm a big war drama nerd :tongue:
Original post by narusku

Yes, a brilliant series. Plenty of good action and dialogue. It was interesting watching it as it aired too - one episode a month, with different gaps in between each ep, to represent the amount of time the characters spent travelling from one area to another. Brilliantly thought out. :yes:

I watched it a year or two back, and it's made my all time top 50 list. I can see why the pacing wouldn't be for everybody, especially at the beginning when there's a huge number of names, characters and all the world building and politics to take in, but sticking with it certainly pays off. :biggrin:
Anyone seen School Rumble? Just started it and I'm obsessed with it!
Original post by Omar717

I used to read the manga, until Del Rey/Tanoshimi stopped releasing it. Definitely one of the series I most regret having to leave unfinished. :sadnod:

I did also marathon the first anime series a few years back, but for whatever reason I didn't find it as good. Suppose I already knew what was going to happen from the manga, and it's not really action-packed or pretty enough to benefit that much from the animation IMO.
Currently watching Kingdom. It's starting off pretty boring and the art was ugly but I've got about 11 episodes in and it seems to be getting better.

LOTGH is awesome! :smile:

Original post by Red Fox
Started it today, loving it right from the start.

I'm tempted to watch it all over again. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Omar717

School Rumble is the bomb. I loved that show so much. The last few episodes are rubbish, but the first and second season are fantastic in general. Lots of laughs and fun all around.
I started watching Castle Town Dandelion, and am really liking it. A lot of cliché and cringe moments, but I really feel the humorous moments and fairly interesting plot make it worth watching imo. Nothing stellar, but worth a watch nonetheless.
I recently started watching Kill la Kill on Netflix, I had no idea how much fun this show is. A lot of funny moments mixed with a whacky plot and characters - I can see this becoming a favourite of mine if it keeps it up :smile:
I recently started watching Kill la Kill on Netflix, I had no idea how much fun this show is. A lot of funny moments mixed with a whacky plot and characters - I can see this becoming a favourite of mine if it keeps it up :smile:

Just a wacky show you can turn your brain off and watch, it's fantastic. It just keeps getting better and better as you watch more and the OST is amazing.
Has anyone seen Boko no Pico? :colone: :perv:

Latest