The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eux
I'm considering Worcester but it looks quite far out of town

It's also one of the closer ones to the Mathematical Institute. ( Somerville and St Anne's being the closest.)
Original post by Magnesium
Hi,

Do you happen to know the average MAT score of prospective applicants and/or interviewees for maths?

Thankyou!

See http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/study-here/undergraduate-study/maths-admissions-test

Gavin
Hey guys! You seem to be a wonderful source of college-related knowledge, and I'm wondering if any of you can give me opinions on Hertford? I am planning to apply for Harris Manchester or Hertford, but I can't decide which I prefer. I like the idea of a small college with other mature students, but equally, Hertford has a lot of appeal, too. Can anyone offer me opinions? I'd be really grateful :smile: x
Original post by Ivoryfall
Hey guys! You seem to be a wonderful source of college-related knowledge, and I'm wondering if any of you can give me opinions on Hertford? I am planning to apply for Harris Manchester or Hertford, but I can't decide which I prefer. I like the idea of a small college with other mature students, but equally, Hertford has a lot of appeal, too. Can anyone offer me opinions? I'd be really grateful :smile: x

I visited Hertford at the open day and it seemed a very nice college, friendly atmosphere, stunning architecture, and it is quite "central" (which doesn't really apply to Oxford where the farthest thing is like 10/20 minutes walk but still).
Hope this can help a bit :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RichE
It's also one of the closer ones to the Mathematical Institute. ( Somerville and St Anne's being the closest.)

Worcester is well placed for most things in Oxford undergraduates are likely to want to access.
Original post by LamantChenille
Ahh! I'm applying for French and Hebrew too! I thought I was the only one!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, it's nice to know that there's someone who's interested in the same course . What made you want to apply for that combination? (I've never met anyone who wanted to study both languages )

What's your main interest in Hebrew?
Original post by Omni Vanitas
Ha, that statement would be true if you included yourself and left me out :biggrin:

pfft, oh stop it you XD
Original post by tilly5798
pfft, oh stop it you XD

No! :tongue:
I got AAAB at AS, with the B in biology :no:. I was 5 Ums off an A, worth remarking? That's about 3 marks, I'll get all 3 papers remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry if something like this has been asked before, but could a good performance at AS and GCSE make up for a less good/poor LNAT score?
Hi, will hopefully apply this year.

GCSE: 7A*'s 3A's 2Bs :angry:
AS Level: AAAAB (remarking chemistry)
A2 Prediction: A*A*A*A + A in AS Further Maths
Course: E&M
College: Undecided

I took Maths, Economics, Physics, Business Studies and Chemistry respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
GCSE grades: 6A*s 3As B and I have an A* in a GCSE Short Course
AS levels: History A Politics A English Literature A Philosophy B
Course: History
College: Lincoln or Balliol
Anyone else applying for Biological Sciences in October? :smile:
GCSE: 9A*'s 2A's
AS Level: AAAC
A2 Level Subjects: Biology, Maths, Psychology. Most people seem to be doing four (?!?), but no way am I continuing with Chemistry!
Course: Biomedical Sciences
College: I like the look of Balliol, New College, and Magdalen.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm applying for Law at either Hertford, Balliol, Teddy Hall or Magdalene.

GCSES: 5A*s, 4As, 2Bs, 3Cs (Mitigating circumstances at comprehensive but ranked forth in Year)
AS Levels: Government and Politics: A(93%) I've just been informed that I have the highest grade in the year!!
Religious Studies: A (84%) I also got the highest in the year!!
General Studies: A (86%) It may not count but still proud!!
History: B (78%) Grade pending as I am in the process of getting it remarked!!
English Literature: D undoubtedly the shock of the day. My coursework was an A, it was my exam that let me down. I'll be dropping it anyway and I don't think I'll resit as it'll be motivation not to get too arrogant next year.

A2 Predicted grades: So far they're looking like A*A*A but with any luck I could change that to A*A*A*
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Azzer11
I got AAAB at AS, with the B in biology :no:. I was 5 Ums off an A, worth remarking? That's about 3 marks, I'll get all 3 papers remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're in the same boat as me. I got AAAB with the B in English Literature and 5 UMS from an A. I've requested a remark despite my teacher's concerns that it is highly unlikely to change or increase. It's certainly worth a shot and I don't see the harm in doing so.
Original post by Azzer11
x

Original post by oliverdobbs
x

Original post by iBall
x

Original post by Sahib Riyat
x

Original post by Daisy May
x

Original post by Smithy-Smiths
x

Please enter your information to a master page here so it can all be update

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3504027
I'm applying for Arabic and Islamic Studies at St Johns.
GCSE's: 7 A*s, 3 As, 1 B
AS: AAAA

So worried about the OLAT though, it looks really hard
Hi,

If I'm predicted 2 A*s and 2 As can I still apply to medicine at University College Oxford? Surely I would be ranked lower on this than everyone else applying, who might be predicted much higher??

I got 4 As (none taken early or anything) and 10 A*s at GCSE (lots of people from my school got this though so my results aren't really that special!!)
Original post by buzzfeed23
Hi,

If I'm predicted 2 A*s and 2 As can I still apply to medicine at University College Oxford? Surely I would be ranked lower on this than everyone else applying, who might be predicted much higher??

I got 4 As (none taken early or anything) and 10 A*s at GCSE (lots of people from my school got this though so my results aren't really that special!!)

Might as well give it a go, as long as you fit the requirements, why worry?

Latest

Trending

Trending