The Student Room Group

What mark did i get in my History GCSE?

Hi all! So having received my GCSE results today, I got a B in history from 309 UMS marks from the exam board Edexcel. I was wondering if anyone can help me out and convert this into raw marks

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
I had a look on the Edexcel website and tried to find one- needless to say i failed hahaa! I shall have to take another look! Thank you though :smile:
History A? 11 UMS under an A. What exams did you do out of the ones on here http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1506-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf
Wait, unless I'm mistaken it should be an average of 39 on each papers.
Reply 4
Original post by Docjones1
History A? 11 UMS under an A. What exams did you do out of the ones on here http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1506-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf

Hi! I did International Relations: The Eraof the Cold War 1943-1991, Modern World Source Enquiry: Warand the transformation of Britishsociety c1903–28
and Modern World Depth Study: TheUSA 1919–41

Thanks btw!!! :smile:
It's 77% UMS. If you did the same in each exam theoretically you'd have 77% UMS in each obviously. I just checked and the ones you did have very similar grade boundaries and a maximum of 100 UMS. So, 77 UMS for each one. It's around 4 and a half marks greater than the raw mark equivalent of 34 for 70% UMS so yeah, about 38-39 average. Can't tell how much for each one unless you have the printout with the exam UMS marks on.
Reply 6
Original post by Docjones1
It's 77% UMS. If you did the same in each exam theoretically you'd have 77% UMS in each obviously. I just checked and the ones you did have very similar grade boundaries and a maximum of 100 UMS. So, 77 UMS for each one. It's around 4 and a half marks greater than the raw mark equivalent of 34 for 70% UMS so yeah, about 38-39 average. Can't tell how much for each one unless you have the printout with the exam UMS marks on.

Seriously thanks so much, I wasn't expecting a B in history so I'm unbelievably pleased! :smile:
Original post by leleeelele
Seriously thanks so much, I wasn't expecting a B in history so I'm unbelievably pleased! :smile:

No problem :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest