The Student Room Group

PhilPol or Pol&IR?

I'm currently torn between Politics and Philosophy or Politics and International Relations as my choice of course. Whilst I'd certainly enjoy either of them, I know that the right Politics and Philosophy course will resonate with me more-so than Politics and International Relations. However, I'm sceptical of whether or not Politics and Philosophy would be as useful as Politics and International Relations after university.

I haven't decided on all of my university choices either because I'm a picky individual :tongue: The only one I've decided on so far is Exeter. I'm considering Warwick, York and Durham but I'm unsure.

In case anyone finds these useful (if they fancy recommending specific universities to me), my AS-Levels are AAAB. (A in Gov & Politics, A in History, A in Phil & Ethics, B in Eng Lit.) I don't have my predicted grades just yet.
Original post by Joshrune
I'm currently torn between Politics and Philosophy or Politics and International Relations as my choice of course. Whilst I'd certainly enjoy either of them, I know that the right Politics and Philosophy course will resonate with me more-so than Politics and International Relations. However, I'm sceptical of whether or not Politics and Philosophy would be as useful as Politics and International Relations after university.

I haven't decided on all of my university choices either because I'm a picky individual :tongue: The only one I've decided on so far is Exeter. I'm considering Warwick, York and Durham but I'm unsure.

In case anyone finds these useful (if they fancy recommending specific universities to me), my AS-Levels are AAAB. (A in Gov & Politics, A in History, A in Phil & Ethics, B in Eng Lit.) I don't have my predicted grades just yet.

Honestly there is no difference in job prospects between the two degrees. Most of it is down to your application and interview and can be enhanced through work experience, volunteering e.c.t

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending