The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Ielts req for LSE Undergraduate programme

Hi, I’m an international student looking forward to apply for Pol & IR in LSE. I have took an ielts test to fulfill the english requirement that LSE needs, which is 7.0 for each component apparently. However I just received my results, and it turned out that I got 8.0 overall but my writing is 6.5. Would LSE still accept my ielts grade? Otherwise, I got an A in my IGCSE English, can I use this to make up/complete my english qualification? Should I reach out LSE for this? Thank you! Replies are much appreciated ^^
English language requirements aren’t negotiable. If you didn’t meet the requirements on this attempt then you will need to resit the exam or check on their website if they accept any alternative qualifications
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m an international student looking forward to apply for Pol & IR in LSE. I have took an ielts test to fulfill the english requirement that LSE needs, which is 7.0 for each component apparently. However I just received my results, and it turned out that I got 8.0 overall but my writing is 6.5. Would LSE still accept my ielts grade? Otherwise, I got an A in my IGCSE English, can I use this to make up/complete my english qualification? Should I reach out LSE for this? Thank you! Replies are much appreciated ^^

Please e-mail the admissions tutor for Politics and International Relations. Because you already have an A grade achieved in IGCSE English Language? :s-smilie:
The uni should list whether they accept IGCSE Eng on their website. If not, email them to check.

If it’s not accepted then you’ll need to take another test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending